1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help One Year Baby Not Eating Anything

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by madhu26, May 1, 2017.

1. madhu26

madhu26 Junior IL'ite

Hi friends,please help my one baby is not eating anything from few weeks onwards. first she likes curd rice and cerelac I gave it to her. Whatever she likes I give it to her but now she is not eating anything and she is not hungry also. I thought it's stomach problem but daily she go for motion morning itself.I tried veggies,fruits but she split out every thing. She always drinks milk only which I feed with bottle.please suggest anyone experience this kind of situations and which food to give for baby now

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Check with your paediatrician.
    Have you done deworming for parasites???

3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Op,
    Hope your baby is active, normal and dont have any health issues. If you are worried too much Consult doctor.
    I have faced similar issue with my son who is the pickiest eater. He used to drink milk from bottle only. What I did was mix little bit of boiled raagi and add that to milk and give it in bottle (slightly increase the size of the hole of the bottle nipple ). It was like a phase. He used to spit if I give any thing else and was super active. We consulted a doctor that time. He said as the baby dont have any issue and have lots of energy, may be he is getting enough calories through milk, nothing to worry. My son continued to be a picky eater for long. Even his daycare teachers were concerned. He eats something for few days (like a surge) then stop eating anything , switch fully to milk for many days then again this cycle continues. Now he changed a lot and eat like a normal kid do.

Any way experiment with finger foods, some thing he can pick and eat. Consult doctor to make sure he is fine

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,
    Kids go through these phases. She might be cutting teeth or having gums pain or something like that. If you checked doc, and she is behaving normal or looking normal, then she might resume eating soon.
    I remember, mine at exactly 1 yr, had exactly same phase and she had lost lot of weight and that was first ime for us so I was panicking a lot and surfing or calling or asking everyone. Now, I have grown habitual to it.
    Just keep trying giving her food. If you are at home with kid, then its easy.

5. madhu26

madhu26 Junior IL'ite

Hi sry for late reply. I check with my pediatrician but she told Nothing problem whatever baby eat give it to her.

6. madhu26

madhu26 Junior IL'ite

Hi thanks for reply. My baby is active and energetic. I also tried as u told raagi milk but when I put big hole for bottle she knows and she split it. Now my baby is 13 months one of my friend told me that if she is not eating any veggies or rice now then in future I will face problem is it true?

7. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

No...you will not face any problem. Your baby is either simply not hungry or she is cutting teeth. Feed her milk if that is what she likes as of now. She will eventually start eating. Keep offering her feed but try not to force feed her. Give her finger food and let her feed herself. Force feeding can cause problems in future so avoid that. But keep trying and experiment with new food items.

8. madhu26

madhu26 Junior IL'ite

Thanks. Now I am okay. Ya she likes different food as we are eating she is asking our food to feed. She likes snacks more.Do you know how much weight they have to puton after one year now she is 9 kg (13 months)

9. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Look like your baby is doing well. A general chart below
    [​IMG]