1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me not to explode - need your prayers, harassing BIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by confusedwoman, Nov 13, 2014.

1. dec

dec New IL'ite

The next time when all your ILs are in conversation. Just ask your husband where is that mental fellow(BIL)?
    Insult & dont respect ppl who have the intention of bringing you down.

1 person likes this.
  2. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

@OP...

I think your husband will never stand up and its time that you stand up yourself.. Calling 911 or filing a case are all extreme steps..

One rule of thumb when dealing with men... Hit them hard where it hurts most...

so, next time when you talk to your BIL say that "hey, do you know that in x, y and z states gay marriages are legal now. Why don't you move to those states".. and your next line should be "Oh, you aren't gay. I am sorry. But you do dress up like one"..

4 people like this.
  3. confusedwoman

confusedwoman Silver IL'ite

I have stopped talking to BIL completely, he does not exist for me. Both BIL and my husband have tried to make me talk on the phone, I just refuse to acknowledge his existence.

3 people like this.
  4. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Good for you @confusedwoman.. There is no point in wasting time over this worthless piece of ****

1 person likes this.
  5. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

A lot of great posts in here.

While I can't understand how any parent can stay quiet, or how your DH would allow someone as awesome as you to be treated that way by anyone (related or not) and additionally then try to pass it off as "when did that happen?" repeatedly..If you see a possibility for happy future for your relationship with DH and ILs, and you're well-equipped to be self-sufficient, then all the more power to you! I hope your DH will realize what a good thing he has in you, and like you, does everything in his power to preserve it before it's too late.

On a side note, sounds like your BIL's trying to add some pretty fancy words to his vernacular without learning about when and where to use it appropriately. shakehead Sigh. What a relief that he doesn't have offspring, huh?

Out of curiosity, what would happen if you start referring to the BIL as your Unich-in-law in front of your DH and BIL? And if your DH's selective memory kicks into action enough to confront you about it, you can always go "Oh honey, you must have misheard me...I was merely saying unique..."

5 people like this.
  6. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

eunuch. not unich. :whistle

2 people like this.
  7. confusedwoman

confusedwoman Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the vote of confidence HasteRaho, I don't know what will unfold the coming months but am bracing myself and hope things will go smoothly. Thank god for this site :)

1 person likes this.
  8. hubbyslife

hubbyslife Junior IL'ite

OP,
    Only one suggestion, just blast upon him next time you hear any such un-acceptable non-sense from him. I was taken aback after reading your post that your DH did not even bothered to make him understand. But you, as a mother alone is enough to teach you BIL a first class lesson.

Also keep your DH informed well in advance that any mistreatment by you BIL next time towards your son and he will be fired out very badly.

OP, just gain the courage and stand up for your Son, no matter what comes your way.