1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help Me About My Child Height...

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by madhu26, Feb 12, 2020.

1. madhu26

madhu26 Junior IL'ite

Hi mummies... Till now i got so many answers about kids health, food habits and growth in this forum. But as a first time Mother every time when kid is growing i am facing a new problem. Now i am here another problem. My kid is 4 years old in Feb. As normal like other kids she is also very active, playing,running and do al the things. But problem is about her weight and height. Now she is under weight 12.5kgs only. her height is also 90cms. From few months on wards she is not at all interested in food like rice so i gave her roti. she ate for some days and again not eating.
    She will keep in mouth and not not chewing and it takes almost 2-3 hrs for feeding and Nd up with shouting , stress like that. I understand we have to be Patience but sometimes i feel like she is not at al feels hungry. Even if i give gap for 4 hrs. I consult Pediatrician she told give more fruits. But i give her everything still she is not interested in anything. My Grand-ma gave me a tip like mixture of dry ginger, rice, pepper Every morning i am giving her before breakfast. But no use. Because of her eating i fee like her height is also very shot. When i think about her height genetically we both are not shot like i am 5'5' and my husband is 5'11'. Please suggest anything what i have to do. and i am a working Mother but my helper takes care for her very well. Still i am so worrying everyday about her. Please please suggest what i have to do. or shall i wait for some more days to see any development is there.Please suggest any food also ok.

Thanks for reading patiently.

2. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

I think she is doing fine. My kid was 24 lbs until she turned 4, then she increased her weight a little bit. I don't remember her height at the time, but I used to worry like you. My DD also used to keep the food in her mouth or take hrs to finish her food. She doesn't like eating. Now also she is picky but much better than before. What I found out is there is no magic food that make them eat like we want them to eat.

I used to get stressed and yell at her some days for not eating. I tried bribing her with candy, feeding her in front of tv, offering tv after food etc. But nothing worked. She made improvements very slowly. Now she eats majority of the things, but not all. But I am happy with it. When she started kindergarten, I made a rule for her that if I make something and she didnt like it (usually she says this without tasting), she has to eat as many small spoonfuls as her age or she will have to eat what I give her. She went with the first and it still works.

You just have to be patient. It will get better. Keep offering her healthy food and occasional treats and try to give a balanced food with every meal. As long the kid has no illness and is energetic don't worry about her too much. Do not miss the regular doc check ups. I know it is hard, but try to keep the meal time less stressful by offering her favorite food first.

yellowmango likes this.
  3. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

OP ,do not worry.All of us with kids can relate to your situation.Hows her milk intake ? Does she drink too much sugary juices? This can block apetite.
    Is she a physically active child ?Check with doc about tummy worms.Sometimes albendazole can help the kids with low apetite.
    Ask for her interests before cooking food for her.involve her while making roti ,making dough etc .
    Also check her toilet routine.She will catch up on weight and height gradually.

yellowmango likes this.
  4. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Sign her into more physical activities like swimming, any sports and tell helper to take her out for biking every day. Try different food every day like pasta, macaroni cheese etc. she might like it. My kids very super picky too

5. Erics

Erics New IL'ite

Hi,

Even i faced this issue with my child, and when i consulted our doctor, he said try to cook different varieties and put to child. If this persists check with doc once