Please Help In Overcoming This Confusion

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Yellowstone, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Yellowstone

Yellowstone New IL'ite

Hello everyone
    This is my first post in this thread . I have had 3+ years experience in the IT industry . After that I got married , relocated and recrently had a baby . I was working in the hardware industry prior to my marriage. But I always had interest in the software development .now my baby is 1.5 yr old. I am looking for opportunities in the software industry . But since I haven’t had prior experience I am not getting any opportunity .

Recently I got an offer from a startup but they are not able to pay me salary due to funding issues . They agreed for me to work remotely .now I have a few questions on this which I hope you will help me out.

1. I don’t have any help to look after my baby . I need to send her to a day care which is expensive and additional .
    2.if I decide to look after her and work simultaneously I need to put a lot of effort ,cut down my sleeping etc . I am ready to do it but I am just not sure will I be able to completely justify either of my duties.

3.ifi decide to not take this offer, I am worried that I will loose a chance to add real time experience to my resume which could yield me better offers later .

Please advice

2. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

OP, Congratulations for the offer :thumbup:and also opportunity to work remotely. Seems like a good Startup Co.

If I understood your post correctly you will be working for real time experience without salary. If that is the case you can ask for flexibility on time as well i.e. you will work 4 hours a day on all weekdays or full day's work on alternate days or just two days. Pick the option that works best for you and your baby. Alternatively, tell them you can work full time if they can take care of the daycare bill. I feel they will go with former option to start with but once they breakeven they will consider the later. Since you will work without pay make sure they also know that you will leave once you get a paying job.

vaidehi71, Topaz49, salad and 7 others like this.
  3. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

:clap2:totally attest lalithambigai's post ...

Lalithambigai likes this.