1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help Friends ! Weight Loss Issues After 45

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by SHSK, Apr 22, 2016.

1. SHSK

SHSK Silver IL'ite

Dear All,

I am back here with lot of weight 72 kgs.
    Please help dearies.
    Past two months schedule:
    Exercise:
    30 min walking on terrace
    Diet:
    Breakfast:1 Roti/Tea(without sugar),
    Mid-morning-1 seasonal fruit
    Lunch-2 Rotis,vegetable and curds
    Evening-1 Tea(without sugar)
    Dinner-2 Rotis,vegetable and buttermilk

But sorry to state that inspite of this schedule I am unable to loose even a bit of weight.
    I am a working mother of 2 teenage daughters and hence have a v v busy schedule.
    Age 46 years and height 5 ft 2 inches.

Please help friends with all your valuable suggestions/tips.

Really feeling v v frustrated with the weight.

Thanks in advance.

SHSK

2. SHSK

SHSK Silver IL'ite

MY FRIENDS ARE ONLY VIEWING
    PLEASE GIVE TIPS / SUGGESTIONS

3. sanidhya

sanidhya Bronze IL'ite

Hey dear I already shared my routine tips for u:blush:

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@SHSK you are at the age where metabolism is slower and you need to kick in a little more briskness in your walking. just simple walking on the terrace may not be helping..check out some leslie or biggest loser walks..there needs to be a good workout ..since you have 30 minutes you can definitely give it a try. and sometimes you hit a a plateau where your weight does not budge. you need to see if you could cycle your calories a little to bump up the burning of calories..

say you eat a pack of chips one day and the next day reduce carbs and have more fruits..or say you are on a 1200 diet and your body is so used to that it maintains there..try to jump it by 1500 one day and get back to 1200..

search for getting out of the plateau we discussed it here.

SHSK likes this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Check your thyroid levels. At the age of 46, you must see whether your health is under control,. Certain hormones make you fat despite of your appetite.

Your dieting seems tasteless and not interesting. If you go by this, you will lose interest one day, that too before you see any results.

Low carb is fine, but I doubt how much Rotti is low carb. You seem to be eating it 3 times a day. 5 rotties a day.
    Instead opt for a protein diet. if you are non-veg, you can have chicken, fish, and other lean meat. Eggs are also good (only the white yolks).
    Eat plenty of veggies, but cook them with less/no oil. Don't eat any fried items, even though they are veggies.

Don't eat too much curd, as it makes you fat.
    Have milk at night. Don't add milk to your tea, but just plain tea. Green tea is the best if you can.

Go for salad. It fills your tummy.
    Also, don't eat any seasonal fruit. Some are high calorie too. Like banana, or mango. So, think before you eat.
    Water melons are good, best for this season too.

Sandhyavinod, SHSK and Vaikuntha like this.
  6. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Rule : "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper!"

1) Add protein to your Breakfast
    2) With age metabolism reduces .... Add food that increase metabolism ...This may /may not help
    3) 30min walk dont help after a point so shift to something else

SHSK likes this.
  7. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,
    Since you are so driven to loose weight, try few more strategies as below:
    Get rid of all roti, rice, bread, all flour and all grains. Make it special occasion food or one roti a day food.
    Milk has 12gm of sugar for 1 serving of 8 oz.
    4 gm of sugar is 1 spoon of sugar. That means milk has 3 spoon fulls of natural sugars.
    Try to stay away from natural sugars in fruits also. Eat steamed veggies.
    Stay away from artificial sugar since they metabolize almost like sugar and body gets confused.
    During diet, your aim should be to consume no sugar so that your sugar level in body are always leveled- no spikes, no dips.
    Get some protein powder, check ingredient to be only Whey Protein or Soy Protein. Make sure it has no sugar or artificial sugar or flavours. Use this protein powder to UP your protein intake in a jiffy. Don't make a sugar laden smoothie, but research online and check how you like to take.
    Do you eat, eggs, fish and chicken? Get a oven and bake fish fillets and eat with steamed veggies.
    Or say, baked chicken with baked veggies. Low starch veggies only. So no potato, plantain.
    Use little oil during baking.
    So basically, increase your protein intake and veggies. Get rid of all grains, all table sugar.
    Drink milk once a day and very little fruit once a day, fruits like apple, jamun and guava is ok. Grapes, Mango, Peach- no no. Research low sugar fruits. E.G. Strawberry are low sugar.
    Serving size of fruit is half of your fist size.
    Since you are cutting down on so many food groups, take a good multi vitamin for women of your age (check with doctor). There are some iron supplements that are not constipating, check with doctor and take that.
    Even with excellent exercises, we cannot cheat with bad eating habits. High carb is bad habit.
    For exercise, get an elliptical, 30 min of elliptical is non impact and good exercise and in your own home watching news etc. It will be enough to reduce weight but the terrace walk won't work.
    I hope it helps! and Good Luck!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    angeldreams and SHSK like this.
  8. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Get your overall health routine checked first for thyroid and complete profile (blood,cholesterol etc) to rule out any medical conditions. Your diet and exercise should be oriented in a proper direction.

Others have given wonderful advices. Yes please include protein in your diet and keep changing your diet pattern. Also exercise should have cardio as well as strength training to yield good (slim) results.

Feel free to pvt msg me with any specific questions. I will try my best to help you.

SHSK likes this.
  9. SHSK

SHSK Silver IL'ite

Thanks Sanidhya

sanidhya likes this.
  10. SHSK

SHSK Silver IL'ite

Thanks everybody for your valuable suggestions

Form today I am walking in the park for 30 minutes

and have also decided to improve overall diet and go for a comprehensive health check-up which I have been delaying for quite some time

Any ideas for protein as I am more of a veg person and eat non-veg only once a week on Sunday.

Thanks once again