1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please help - For school admission - Pre-KG or LKG

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by kavithasankar, Jan 3, 2012.

1. kavithasankar

kavithasankar New IL'ite

Hi all,

My son is 2 years and 4 months now. As of now We are in switzerland.
    We are coming back to India by Oct end, 2012.
    By that time, my son will be 3 years. I want to put him in a school.
    Is it possible to put him in Pre-KG by nov - 2012 ? or LKG in June- 2013 ?

It will be a great help if you could suggest best CBSE schools in and around Mylapore or KK Nagar, Chennai.
    Also could you provide some details like Eligibility, admission start date, do they have Pre-KG, do they have LKG admission?

By 2013, I want to put my son in LKG. Since I feel going to Pre-KG by almost 4 years is not fair.
    Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance !
    Kavitha

2. priyasudhakar

priyasudhakar Gold IL'ite

hi kavi,

am not frm chennai, so i dont know about school admissions there,

but i prefer you to join in Pre-KG even if you put in nov-2012, joining in pre kg is just make him to accomadate to the school sorroundings and he may get practiced to mingle with other childs and teacher, so this may take off the fear in going to school and he may not be adamant in the start of LKG so it wil easy for u to start teaching from the year begining, else he may take some time if u put fresh in LKG

so i suggest u to make an admission for Pre-KG.

hope my idea sounds good for u

priya..............

3. kavithasankar

kavithasankar New IL'ite

Thanks Priya for your suggestion. Even I felt the same.

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Oct 2012 would be vijayadashmi admissions, so the kid could go to PreKG and enjoy going to school to adapt to the environment and probably in june 2013 you could opt for LKG or Junior KG or Mont 1(as they call in recent times)

Vijayadashmi admissions just happens not with much formalities, hence just returning back to India you would be hassle free to admit him in schools around the place where you would settle down,

Best wishes & Happy 2012.

5. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

You can put him in Pre KG during vijayadasami since he would be just 3. If you plan to put him in CBSE school most of the schools insist on age 3+ on a specified date say March or April. Matriculation schools specify only 3 yrs complete. Some schools even convert the kids who join in Pre KG on vijayadasami to LKG on completion of 3 yrs. It all depends on the school you opt for.There should not be any difficulty when reg age when you come here.

6. kavithasankar

kavithasankar New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for all your replies.
    I am really happy to hear that certain schools admission happens by Vijayadhasami. Can you please list me some.. ?? please..
    By Vijayadhasami my son will be 3 yrs. Hence Pre-KG admission will not be a problem at all.