1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5.5 Month Old Fighting Sleep And Crying Constantly

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shwetapj, Apr 3, 2017.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Try swing . There is automated versions available.. that help me a lot.. tried both in an effort to make my DD sleep

I used traditional one like shown here, with head and chest slightly up. An example given here
    (La Siesta LOC11-7 Lori Children's Hammock Chair | ATG Stores)
    If possible try to sleep with DD when ever you can, even during day time, that will give you some energy. My DD used to cry a lot too.( very stressful situations for a mom) Later only we realised that she had gas issues and sleeping at an angle helps her

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

As ddream said check with the the doc first.. and I r giving her heavy food solids should be given once and go for fthose rice cereal for kids fruits.. she might be teething too get those gel n a toy which u can freeze n give her to chew on.. my son did not cry but would've awake at night luckily I had my parents to take care for both of us that made a difference.. just suggesting if possible get ur parents u will be happy n less tired n irritated..

3. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

i am so sorry..please try cutting solid for a week.

4. SnehalShenoy

SnehalShenoy New IL'ite

Hello shweta,
    I would suggest u to stop for solid foods at this stage for short period of time..instead if u wud like to start something other than milk,then i wud suggest that go for warm a d soothing spinach soup or carrot soup..but very thin...secondly this will help her to sleep better during the night and it will be very soothing to her....also try to apply asefoetida and water mixture around her belly button to erase any stomach problems if thr...
    Also check with her peadritician whether her ears r paining or not..it seems many kids do face some ear pain during night time especially due to Acs or fast moving fans....and this is often mistaken for stomach pain and gas problems....
    Also make sure if possible to give her dinner atleast one and half hour before her bed time..this will help her to digest any solid or liquid intake....
    Try giving her oil massage at night time if not completely then atleast her legs,stomach area and back with some mild exercises......
    Also remember this is just a phase and we moms will have to deal with it till r child turns one....that is when they stick to one routine bed time and we moms can hieve a sigh of relief..
    Best of luck and do take care.

5. Rajisivaraj

Rajisivaraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi swethapj!!

Please Don worry.. I know its really hard to see little ones crying and upset.. Its also equally hard for you to be restless..

At these times its very important to note whether you should really introduce solids?? Because your lo is oly 6 months. Generally doctors advice oly BM/Formula till 6 months. Only after that you can introduce solids that too with water like consistency..

Because 6 month old dont need much solid food as they are with less physical activities and may find hard to digest foods..
    Here is what you can try

1. Try giving ragi podrige once a day.

2. Before bath apply enough coconut oil and gently massage, which should be soothing one. Massage helps relaxing n strengths her. Followed by bath in hot water. Will definitely help her sleep more than a hour

3. Try soothing her with some songs. Some babies get calm hearing to music. My son did. He stops crying wen he hears a set of songs.
    I still find it useful now too, he is one yr old now.

4.finally u try to take rest when ever ur lo is sleeping. U have to be strong enough to take care of your lovely one.

Trust me every thing will be fine in few days. Till then little patience you both will be fine☺️☺️God bless

Take care
    RAJI

6. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

Hi..I can very well relate to swetha..I too have a girl of 5 months she was a very colicky baby in the beginning and now she seems to have settled down a bit...she goes to sleep early and after 4-5 hrs begins her non stop feeding..I'm totally exhausted and have become underweight..tried bottle feed but she seems to be very much against it..now started solids as I cannot go on like this..but then also she feeds very frequently during the day...have to take care if my elder one too who's 7..I don't know what u should do to reduce the night time feeds..read a lot in these but nothing seems to work out