Please Guide..

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by messedup, May 2, 2018.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I am a sahm. Not working from last 8 years. My last job ended on 2010. Now i am thinking of trying for teaching jobs in nearby schools and institutions. My studies were in IT but because of such a long gap i am not updated with current scenario. Also at present i am not sure about what specific position i should apply for. LIke for computer teacher in schools or all subject for small classes in institutions. And also how should i prepare for the interview? What they will look for and what they will ask. I am updating my resume. If there is anything that i should mention in that. I actually want to know everything. Please anyone with any such experience guide me with all information. Thanks in advance for your time and guidance.

2. SurabhiGA

SurabhiGA New IL'ite

What was your last job? Are you going to get back to that same field?

My suggestion is that, since you've studied IT, you can begin a career in "Software Testing". It has good scope and an easy field to begin after a long gap. There are loads of tutorials in Youtube and you can do some certifications if needed.

Or is there anything that you're passionate about? Like Cooking, Stitching, Artwork etc. Since you're restarting your career, you can try something new as well. It will make your life interesting and productive.

All depends on what field are you trying to get into.

messedup likes this.
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. I was in IT but now dont want to join in that as it needs lots of time. I want to be at home when my kids return from school. I know teaching job too has many challenges but atleast my kids will suffer ccomparatively less. I was thinking for applying for institutes to teach small classes as i think after a long career gap i just cant wait only for one option and sit back to wait for its outcome. I lost most of my knowledge and confidence for another most important things in my life. I do have the hobbies but i am feeling restless at home now and want to move out.