Please Guide Me

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by SRMB, Sep 16, 2019.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

What were the 3 requirements?

2. SRMB

SRMB Senior IL'ite

I went through your post and understand what you are saying.

Few points about me you may not know:

- I am a topper during BE and MS, my father will not agree for someone with average education for me
    - Family background is important for my father as our family is well educated and also rich, so my family said even higher middle class who are educated is good
    - We are Madhwa brahmins, but still parents will consider some non-brahmin castes but not all
    - I think my mother has been searching for a guy for me since I was 23, but my father got involved around 3-4 years ago
    - Looks wise too, God has blessed me. My mother expects atleast someone who looks average, if not good.

It is not that my parents are inflexible or rigid, there is something called luck. And that has not favored me till now, but God willing it will in future. I wish you knew me personally, then you would understand what I am saying.

I showed my father this post and your response. He got upset I put this up. He also said that it is not easy to give away his life's hardwork, pride and joy to someone inadequate.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. SRMB

SRMB Senior IL'ite

My criteria or my parents is not stringent. It is basic, and this is something neither I want to give them nor them. The reason is it is really, really basic. I wish you knew me personally. Perhaps I have not xpressed myself correctly here.

4. SRMB

SRMB Senior IL'ite

Thank you. I will consider it and discuss it with my family.

5. SRMB

SRMB Senior IL'ite

Thank you for your response. But 3 years would be too late. Is there any other remedy you know?

6. SRMB

SRMB Senior IL'ite

Thank you. Yes, i do meet shortlisted guys for coffee or lunch often.

I am looking for men settled in US, due to visa constraints I cannot consider someone from India. I have MS but like you, I am ok even if guy is BE or graduate.

Thank you for the vrat. It looks like many women have completed this for marriage. Did they get married after they completed it?

7. SRMB

SRMB Senior IL'ite

Sorry if I came across as rude. It was not my intention. But you really dont understand my situation. We consulted many elders, even neighbors, all suggested our criteria are ok.

SunPa likes this.
  8. SRMB

SRMB Senior IL'ite

I apologize if I was rude. I'm sorry, did not mean it.

9. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Op your case is very similar to my close friend. Topper , good looking, well settled etc etc.

She got married this year when she touched 30 to a rich and affluent businessman .
    When she couldn't match the educational qualification we gave her one suggestion to consider any businessman and it worked. Touch wood all is well so far for her.
    This is just an option I'm giving.
    Marriage will happen eventually. I know it's easier to say and going through that pressure/stress is difficult .

I wish you All the best . :) and pray that you find the right one sooner.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

This is in "pujas prayers slokas" section for a reason, SRMB was specifically looking for that info (only) and posted in this section, and thread has been usurped ;) (except a couple folks who offered her the info on prayers/temples). Best Wishes to you SRMB.

Thyagarajan likes this.