1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Advise Me What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priyasri15, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I don’t see a solution to your problem until YOU decide that you will not take more crap from your husband. I am not judging you here, it’s your call how much blow to your self respect and self esteem you want to take from a unworthy spouse. Is your husband worthy of any of your tears and struggles, I think not but it’s for you to decide. I wish you well ! Take care.

2. priyasri15

priyasri15 Senior IL'ite

@shravs3 i'm surprised as much as you are. my father preferred to invest in me only for my own good and for my future with my husband. my mil doesnt understand it. she still criticises that my father took a loan to contribute to this education whereas her son studied in US without taking such loans. so she always mocks me by mentioning how low I'm considering my class status. my parents took loan only bcz i told them its my responsibility to repay it back after i started earning. plus, i have a sister who is studying in her final year BDS in india and parents also need to have finance backup for her masters as she keeps telling them that she wants to do a masters soon after her BDS.
    FIL always have a readymade sentence at me - 'i selected you because you are a bright student but why are you behaving like this?'. he will only say this and nothing beyond that. i dont know what stories mil tell fil about me. he wont speak to me at all other than saying that one sentence each time i speak to him.
    they know husband talks to ex. fil says trust him he is your husband. mil says he is a guy and you dont question whom he should talk or not talk. no use in taking to them.

3. priyasri15

priyasri15 Senior IL'ite

@Sandycandy thank you for your words sandy. H always shuts my mouth saying all my friends have wives who are earning. i have agreed to wait for two years and dont you think im doing a big sacrifice by waiting to start life? so be greatful towards that, finish studies fast and get a job. sometimes i lose my energy to argue back as i get mentally drained. i know this is not his sacrifice, neither he contributed to my fees. but sometimes i also feel that he is waiting for me and never spoke anything like calling it quits. he says im waiting, finish and get a job PERIOD. He doesnt take part in any conversations and even if he visits me mil comes along.

4. Deepika23

Deepika23 Silver IL'ite

Priya, just concentrate on ur studies and try to get a good job . Be independent .
    No point in arguing with ur husband . He won’t stop his communication with her unless he really wants to.
    Love they way u look and if u want to loose weight it should be for u.
    Mil - just neglect her

priyasri15 likes this.
  5. priyasri15

priyasri15 Senior IL'ite

@paru123 they know he talks. i read on his phone once that his father advised him to stop talking to his ex too. but his mom scolds me back that i'm interferring in his personal space and i question with whom he should talk and not talk.
    I'm very sure he wont go back to her and marry her, but i dont understand why he continues his rship with such a filthy woman. earlier he understood im annoyed over it. these days he says he doesnt talk but i know they talk. only improvement is she is getting married soon but dont know why she continues talking to him in private and tell all her private secrets only to him. that chemistry with my husband is bothering me.

6. priyasri15

priyasri15 Senior IL'ite

thank you @Deepika23 for me to finish studies i should wiat until this dec and mind is going restless wondering what i will do until dec with these two. i'm trying hard to be focused on my studies and myslef.

7. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Stop checking his chats. Do it only after your exams.

8. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Sorry, not buying it. You may have changed some dates. But the story is identical.

However - It hardly matters. As long you get a solution to the problem !

Sandycandy likes this.
  9. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

For your own sake, assume that you have divorced that useless guy and concentrate on your studies. Once you get a job and have financial independence, then you should decide whether to have him in your life or no. Till then what he does or chats should not bother you. Be prepared to divorce him after your exams if he has crossed the boundaries again.

priyasri15 likes this.
  10. priyasri15

priyasri15 Senior IL'ite

@paru123 thanks paru... could you give me some suggestions as how i keep my mind focused only on myself until dec?