1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Advice Action Plan

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by preeti6years, Jan 1, 2019.

1. preeti6years

preeti6years Silver IL'ite

Yes... I do want to call it an action plan because that is how it is going to be. BIL , Cosis woulld be coming for vacation. My MIL will go all smiles and nice talks with my co-sis while she absolutely does not talk to me. I am not worried about it . But sometimes MIL biased behavior gets on to my nerves. She is biased even with her sons. She behaved very badly by keeping an angry face when we took her for outing recently. Never ever happy with us.

I have my own set of issues with H as of now and now when they definetly new things will pop up mainly because of MILs over action. My BIL is very smart and has spoiled my marriage to a great extent by influencing dh. And now I want to seriously pay back for it. While my dh is ignoring him now because of other reasons, my BIL is trying to be nice as he is coming here. But this time I am planning to royally ignore as how he was doing to me before marriage. Yes I am boiling with anger. While i dont intend to pick ant fight (I am not that bold either) I just want to ignore him, dh and MIL infront of each other. Its for my own peace so that I would pick up a fight again with h.

I know its not right, but yes this is for my own satisfaction

2. winterhue

winterhue Gold IL'ite

While Ignoring is the best strategy for your own mental peace, have you ever wondered how it would mess them up if you would be super nice to them? :)
    I sometimes do that with my MIL during our visits to her. I become this SUPER DUPER nice version of myself in front of everyone - FIL, BIL, co-sis and DH, that she has no way to complain. I dont overdo it. But I just basically be very cordial with everyone, smile , act normal etc. It totally messes them up!

3. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Ignore but u have to show that u have same feeling for them as they have for u..
    Bottom line keep your relationship with husband good.. bcz inlaws will make it go bad .
    Remind your husband that they acted this way so u r doing it that .

4. preeti6years

Winterhue,
    I am always cordial. It's just that I don't want to talk to bil who screwed my life. I have no complaints on my co-sis so far as we hardly interact. Last time when they came here I was at mom's place post delivery. So nothing negative to talk.
    It's only bil, mil that I chose to ignore. Well dh is in the list too

5. preeti6years

How to show them that I have a bitter feeding against them apart from ignoring?
    My h was on my side for sometime, but my great mil and turned the plates and changed him. Off late he has been a bit sarcastic towards me in front of others. While I do not have any idea of reciprocating the same, I want to have very minimal talk with him in front of them.
    Bil is all lovey dovey with his wife, while dh is not so under the heavy influence of both mil and bil.
    Also dh talks well with other relatives of mine while he doesn't talk at all to my mom and sis. I am gonna do the same. Not talking to anyone except cosisc

6. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

I can’t answer back either . So u be quiet right now let bil n family go then talk to your husband..
    u too don’t talk to ur h or his family.

7. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

But clear it soon before it goes out of hand . ...

8. preeti6years

Hi All,
    Finally the duo arrived and I am behaving as mentioned in my previous post. Right from the moment they stepped in I ignored my BIL and I am good with cosis. As long as she is at home, she is nice to me. BIL tries to pitch in and talk to me but I am giving a damn.
    However his approach in certain things remains unchanged. Tries to question/influence his bro mildly on certain decisions which we take. Pampers his mom so much that she acts as if he is the only one who cares and my dh is of no use.
    My Dh on the flip side is extremely nice to me as he doesn't want to be compared to his bro under any cost.
    My MIL is extremely nice and happy with the couple and is ignoring me more than before which again I dont care and I am reciprocating the same with her.

9. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

On Lighter note, looks like everyone had action plan for this visit except ur cosis :D

preeti6years likes this.