1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Plans & Gift Ideas for Kids Christmas Party

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by ashusood, Nov 15, 2013.

1. ashusood

ashusood New IL'ite

Christmas is the next most favorite festival (after Diwali) for kids specially. What can amaze kids - toys, books, games or outing? I found some useful toys for gifting like: monopoly, chess, puzzles from stores:
    Firstcry.com , Snapdeal & MindWare Toys

Not able to decide on toys. Any suggestions?
    Also decorating kids room with exciting kids items like - folding study table & twinkle stars ceiling wall paper can add more options along with toys.
    What are your plans to surprise your kid? Any of them from above or something more exciting.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

What's your kids age Ashu? That would help me suggest a few things.

i also absolutely love the time between Oct-dec. lots of fun starts at Diwali and continues till new year! Just like every year, we decorated the home for Diwali puja. Now I have taken down the decorations (simple ones made with stuff available at home) and slowly started putting out things for Christmas.
    what I noticed with my almost 2 year old is that, she loves to do whatever I am doing and helps me in her own way. I let her decorate the pumpkin for Halloween and she loved it. I will be setting out child safe Christmas decorations with her help...lol

For christmas, like the last year, we will be getting a Fraiser fir Christmas tree from a local nursary. She will be helping me hanging the decorations/ ornaments on the tree.
    She loves to watch me cook; so I am planning on buying her a toy kitchen set/utensils etc which makes sounds and all when she plays (it also says alphabets and numbers). I am also planning on buying play dough as she has yet to play with it.
    I already bought a new set of pjs for the whole family to wear on Christmas Eve...in red with nice festive patterns. She will be helping me bake some cookies and setting them out for Santa to eat on the eve before going to bed.

when she is asleep, I will be stuffing the stocking I bought for her last year...mostly with small gifts like her favorite DVDs, small books (she loves them), toy bracelets etc.

inam planning on making the above all a tradition every her she will look forward to.

i will be closely watching this thread for any new ideas I can incorporate.

6 people like this.
  3. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

ohoo rakhi you got lot of plans ahead... oh those toy kitchen set looks so cute............ I felt like I want to play with those last time I went to store I seen it they are so cuteeeeeeeeee... my son always in the kitchen but I am not buying that kitchen thing.. instead if anyone looking for toys for 20 months old please pass your suggestions over here that might be helpful for me tooo I amlooking forward in buying some toys for him...

How much you all think that innotab or other games are going to help the kids.. I already let him use the tab for rhymes.. he didn't start playing games yet but still I don't want him to get glue to computer or system for playing games.. something other than game systems...

4. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

deleted....

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  5. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Love it Rakhii. Any thoughts to decorate Mantel on the fireplace.

6. ashusood

ashusood New IL'ite

Kids room decoration tips for Christmas

For the coming Christmas, what are your plans for your kids?
    1. Are you presenting them with different gifts for the special day?
    2. Have you thought of decorating their room with creative decorative items?
    3. Are you looking for something special to Santa gift to your son or daughter?
    or any other special plans to gift & excite your kids?
    According to me I would love decorating kids room and for that I have selected beautiful photo frames, art stickers, baby sofa cum bed, kid almirah, beautiful chairs & neon sticker lights for night shining theme.

7. ashusood

ashusood New IL'ite

Thank you @rakhi.
    Your gift ideas seems more exciting for your daughter and may be she is fond of playing with toys which require arranging them. I believe such type of activities can help her develop skills of how to keep things in right order.
    But I believe this time lets decorate our kids room and surprise them with a new living space - full of new kids toys, kids furniture & other cute & appealing decorative items which inspire them to live actively & with positive thoughts.

8. ashusood

ashusood New IL'ite

Where can I get these kids decorative items? Earlier I hit amazon and snapdeal and got some exciting wall decor material, kids furniture. Are these things easy to impress today's kids??
    I wonder, any idea ladies???

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  9. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite