Planning to shift in Singapore

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by mrudula13, May 17, 2011.

1. mrudula13

mrudula13 New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,

Before I had many querries but as I have read all the information which u all hv posted on indusladies , so could gather many a things from it.

I could find out that Serangoon is the good area to stay. I could not understand the difference between HDB and Condo? whts the difference? Can we get a 1BHK flat? either in HDB or in condo? Which one is costlier? what are the difference in two in terms of providing facilities? What can be other good area to stay.....let me tell u that my husband's office will be at Kaki Bukit Road 3. Which area will be nearer for commuting? What are the rents in todays date? hows the life? in metro, buses......Is it like Bombay?

My son is in Grade 1. If we shift in August can any school give him admission in the middle of the year?? Are there any CBSC or Indian schools nearby the area which i hv mentioned above?? How is the education?? Are there facilities for swimming coach, ice skates and other sports?

I take yoga classes....Can I take yoga classes there too on dependent visa? Can I do something else? Is there any facility of baby sitting? Can I join in a gym or fitness club as a yoga instructor??

Pls let me know ASAP. We have to decide about the offer in 3 days.

Awaiting for the new info from u all

Thanks a lot in advance

with regards,

Mrudula:))

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mrudula,

First of all welcome to Singapore :)

I hope this post by one of our members helps your queries on HDB and condos. HBDs are good according to me and you can get a 1BHK.

Bedok Reservoir road has good residential area near kaki bukit. Rent rates are around 2000$ for HBDs. And commute is not a big problem here.

Indian schools are GIIS, DPS and Yuvabarathi. You can google them for their contact number and talk to them regarding admissions. If you decide to put your child in local school, then you will have to contact the MOE.

Facilites for sports are available in schools and for additional coaching, you can opt for private coaching or go to your nearest community club for classes.

I don't know about taking classes dear. I guess you will need a international certificate to take classes here or obtain a certificate here. You can contact Singapore Sports Council or MOM to clarify regarding this.

Hope this was of help :)

3. mrudula13

mrudula13 New IL'ite

Hello Akila,

Really thanks for providing the details. Now i will search out for school admission and about my career...thanks a lot

mrudula:)