1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Planning To Leave 7 Month Old Indaycare

Discussion in 'Infants' started by priyaindusladie, Aug 3, 2016.

1. priyaindusladie

priyaindusladie Senior IL'ite

hi all ,
    I'm planning to leave my 7 month old LO to daycare , I have good review about this daycare. Some of my friends have left their kids over their and they are in teens now. I'm planning to prepare baby food at home in the early morning like 6 am itself and have to drop baby around 7.30am.The food will be good for breakfast and until lunch and late noon. But I'm doubtful whether the rice and rye porridge , and the carrot/ potato purées will get spoiled at the eve feeding. I checked with the day care lady about baby food , she told she will be putting the home made baby food which I'll leave everyday morning during drop off , in the fridge and microwave for some seconds before feeding the baby.So that baby will get good food until I pick her up eve around 6 pm.
    The question here is
    1) can we microwave baby food for 7 months old, everyday. If so, how many seconds we can do.
    Any better idea how to give homemade food to baby in daycare throughout the day. My daycare lady said she cannot prepare anything as she has 2 other kids to take care. She can feed what we prepare.
    2) if you have better feeding / food suggestions for baby pl kindly advise.
    My baby takes carrot, sweet potato , potato ,beetroot, rice porridge with dal , rye kanji , Apple , gerber rice cereal , oatmeal cereal. These are some food I have introduced to baby already. I am struck on how to prepare menu and work on that.
    3) when to introduce egg , fish and chicken soup to baby.
    4) what other fruits can I start and also suggestion on food schedule.

Pl advise.
    Thanks

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

You are giving good food. 7 months is still young for potato and sweet potato I feel, as they take more digestive time, give it less,

rice porridge is very nice, I gave it too to my kid, I used moong dal , which one are you using?

gerber foods,
    use it when really needed, like travel time.

rice porridge with dal , and almost all boiled vegetables, are easy to digest and good for health. it is enough for next 3-4 months

soon in few months, when baby reaches 1 year, you can give all food what you elders eat, but make it mild/no chilli, as baby can't take chilli and masalas .

you can give all (which are easily digestible) except mango, which is hard to digest and may cause diarrhea.

If I were you, I will wait till 1 year. Let baby start eating and develop a linking for all vegetables (which are imp, whether they eat non-veg or not). Actually what they eat now they like it later too, that was my observation,

may be 10 sec is enough, to make it bit warm, as food quantity would be less

pack porridge, to daycare. it is good option i think

blindpup10 likes this.