Planning for Boy baby

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Indiramaha, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: want a boy child

Hello Nel
    Welcome to Indusladies
    Before posting any thread here you need to read the rules of this forum Here is the link go through this to understand this site much better Forum Etiquette & Guidelines - IndusLadies

you have posted your query in the wrong forum you had to put it in the following link,
    Fertility & Trying to Conceive - IndusLadies
    Wait for replies for sometime this will be moved to its correct destination.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. sasha16

sasha16 New IL'ite

Probability of giving birth to a boy baby

Hi ILites,
    May this reach you in good health.
    I have a daughter and she is 3yrs old. Now i think it's the time to plan for a second one. I am working so my aunty(old lady) takes care of my kid. i feel that i should have one more child to accompany my first daughter. Initially we had plans for two kids and we will adopt a third child from some poor family. After my first kid, my dh felt that we are enough with one baby . Now she has become alone and playing alone and she expects us to play with her after returning from office which at times is not possible. my brother has one son whenever he comes to our home, my dh plays with him for 2 or 3 days, even she forgets her food, sleep etc.. After a very big lecture somehow, i convinced my husband to go for a second one but his condition is ,it should be a boy. how can i assure him that it will be a boy?. he says that we will scan in 2 months and we will come to know the gender, if it's a boy we will proceed otherwise we will abort.(there is some clinic in Bangalore who scans and tells the gender - i know it's not possible in other clinics). I am really not interested in this. i am scared now, if i get pregnant and if it's girl. i believe that abortion is a sin. my dh says when he dies, he needs a son to carry him (sentiment blackmail). my plan is to go for a second one and if it's a girl then we can adopt a boy otherwise a girl but my dh wants a son in his own blood.
    tell me ladies, what i should do and how can i make him understand to accept whatever gender it is. then i checked in chinese birth chart too, according to that , if i am getting conceived in feb2010 then it ll be a boy. otherwise till nov2010 there is no chance for boy. chinese calevder is just a belief to convince my dh. Has anybody tried chinese calender?. does it work?. and pls tell me how can i convince him if it's a girl??

3. krithi_swami

krithi_swami New IL'ite

Re: Probability of giving birth to a boy baby

he wants to abort, if its a gal..

crazy or what?

i dont understand , as a woman how can u write such an absurd mail

4. sasha16

sasha16 New IL'ite

Hello krithi_swami,

I am in trouble and i am expecting some solution from u people, some consoling words from you all. I didn't say that i am interested in aborting. I will never do that.okay... i just need idea to convince my dh. you are over reacting as if you haven't heard such cases where they abort if it's a girl.

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Sasha,

Does your hubby even know that it is a crime ? Also, that the sex of the baby depends on one of his chromosomes which is not in anyone's control ??

I feel you shouldnt have a second baby with a hubby who has such a mentality like someone to carry him when he dies ! That is nonsense.. Infact now a days, the VAN carries any of us and no human does in busy cities.. there are electric cemetaries too !

How sure is he that his son IS going to be with him when he is old or whatever.. He is being too naive.

However, hard you convince him, and even if he is forced to accept a baby girl.. how sure are you that he would be loving to her .. Dont tell me father's instincts and all that.. How he treated your first daughter neednt repeat..

Dont have a second baby for now.. Instead adopt a baby.. If he doesnt want a boy who is not of his blood .. then adopt a girl !

The way he thinks about aborting a baby is sooo wrong ! It is a life ! Just because it is a part of our body doesnt mean we have the right to decide wether it should be here or not ! :spin

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
    sindmani likes this.
  6. anishka

anishka New IL'ite

For chinese calendar u have to use your chinese age..not the one we follow.
    As per Toni Weschler's book if you have IC on the ovulation day then your chances for boy is very high. You should not have 2-3days before ovulation as male sperm moves fast and dies soon as well. She says you shd use opk's which can pinpoint peak or ovulation not just from the morning urine and time it correctly.
    Also, if you go for iui your chances for boy is higher as they do sperm washes which washes heavy sperms carrying x chromosomes...

7. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

sasha,

I think better dont opt for second baby.
    There is no sure mechanisam to conceive only boy.
    I feel abortion is same as killing another person. so dont plan for second baby untill your husband is ready to accept any child let it be boy or gal.

8. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

I personally would suggest not to go for that second one, if you are planning to abort it its a girl.......... as its a grave sin and you will have to live with it all your life. If you see early pregnancy scans the heart beats develops as early as 2 weeks and 2mnts the baby has developed hand n legs as well............. its a living being.

So Please think .

Other thing is these Chinese calender.... rotating chain on your palms or DOB stuff are good fun.. they r not to be taken seriously. what if its a girl even after all this???? So think abt it or convince your DH... if he is not convinced .. DO NOT GO FOR THE SECOND CHILD.

sindmani likes this.
  9. kalaisiva

kalaisiva Senior IL'ite

Dears Shasha

Its usuall. If you have a girl then you love for boy. And if you have a boy you love for girl

Everyone wants 2 different sex when they go for 2 babies. And I feel seeign teh chineses chart and not convincing for long is stupidity. You may even find under chineses calender " This is not exact truth". Babies are God gifts Accept it.

Anyway choosing baby gender before birth is not an hard one. Its science. I know so many people tried and got a correct gender.

I give you a small outline

Women: X chromosomes(Strong, bigger, move slowly in to women tubes, long live)
    Men: Y and X chromosomes(Weak, smaller, moves so fast, dies fast)

XX: Baby girl
    XY: Baby Boy

Under stand ur ovulation first. It might be around 14 th or 15 th day if you have 28 days cycle.

So when you intercose 4 or 5 days before ovulation, there wont be any egg inside you. X slows more slower but Y goes fast. As Y wont withstand for long time and dies fast, it will be dead before your ovulation. But X will be there. When your egg X comes on there, it will be joining with ur hubby's X then chances will be more for Baby girl more

You should not intercourse before one day, on or after a day of ovulation for Baby girl

When you have intercourse before a day, on or after ovulation, Y comes fast and within a day it finds your X and there will be more choice for baby boy.

Girl: Intercourse 4 days before ovulation
    Boy: One day before, on or a day after ovulation

There are some other facts related to this also.That is your Ph level of your body. X withstands in acidic condition and dies in alkaline condition. Y withsatnds in alkaline condition and dies in acidic conditions.
    So, if you are so acidic Y dies and You will have more chances for girl
    If you so alkaline X dies, and you will have more chances to get Baby boy

Ovulation: Use BBT temperature or ovualtion kit to find out
    Ph level: Use strips for Vagina test or Saliva test

You can find all these info by google it as choose baby gender and read. This is science no belief.
    Read more you will luv it.....All in our hands....

1 person likes this.
  10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Krithi please just go through the post thoroughly and give a response..Sure yours was a harsh reply ...guess there is no mistake in her side..