Planning for Boy baby

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Indiramaha, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Indiramaha

Indiramaha New IL'ite

Hi,

This tips will very useful for me, surely i will try. Hoping for the best

2. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

3. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

help me to have a boy child

hi friends,

m tryin for my 2nd child..as i already have a 4 yrs old baby girl this time i m trying to have a boy child...i have tremendous family pressure...nobody can imagine what m goin thru ....as mine was love marriage ..marriage in different caste was always an issue...plus after my daughter was born that was second...m tired of everything..

mine is a 26/27 days cycle can anybody help me to conceive a baby boy???

4. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Re: help me to have a boy child

Ignorance is not innocence... I'm sure you know that. Boy child or girl child i dnt know wat your problems are it makes me feel Sick to stomach that educated women are talking like this... You may be under pressure, had a love marriage... Blah..blah.. Its your responsibility n your husband's responsibility to care of your child no matter boy or girl.

Its not possible scientifically possible to say how we can have a boy child or girl child...ppl say various sex positions and timiings but all are myths, unless you get pregnant and have a gender chk....

Neways All that best.

Sorry if i offended you.... its just soooooo annoying that educated ppl ask these questions.. nothing personal.

1 person likes this.
  5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I've noticed something very funny.In the same forum,a few days back,someone wanted to know how to conceive a girl and there were numerous answers to that question.Now,when someone wants to know how to conceive a boy ,we usually get offended.

Personally, I find it very annoying whenever anyone wants to know how to conceive a boy or a girlRant

6. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi friend.I can understand u r plight.Go thru the following information.All the best.

In a nutshell, couples hoping for a boy should do the following:
    Either abstain from sex or use condoms until 4 days before ovulation. After this point, abstain entirely until 12 hours prior to ovulation; this sexual respite acts to boost a man's sperm count, a condition that Shettles maintains favors male sperm. During the 12-hour ovulatory window, a couple should have sex, preferably just once. After this, partners must use condoms if they have intercourse again in the next several days.

To take advantage of sperm speed and staying power, the timing of intercourse plays a critical role in achieving the desired gender. To get a boy, Shettles advises couples to have sex as close to ovulation as possible. During ovulation a woman's vaginal and cervical fluids become alkaline, a condition that makes conception more favorable for either sperm, but especially for the less hearty Y sperm. And because the Y sperm move quicker than the female-producing sperm, they are more likely to win the race to the egg. Prior to and following ovulation, vaginal and cervical secretions are acidic. If intercourse occurs under these conditions, the heartier X sperm are more apt to survive in the reproductive tract for a couple of days until the egg arrives.

Boy or Girl? Tipping the Baby Balance
    By Genevieve Richards

Some may scoff, but others swear by these simple selection methods to help couples conceive the baby of their preferred sex—without resorting to the geneticists.

“Designer babies” may no longer be an option for only the rich and famous. The following methods of gender selection are all about tipping the scales in favor of conceiving the baby of your chosen sex without using advanced medical technology, which is hugely expensive and, at this stage, largely controversial.

Parents-to-Be, please note these methods are theories and are by no means fool-proof. We can't guarantee you'll have a child of certain gender just by following the methods, but it might be interesting for you to test the theories and see who you conceive!

The Shettles Method
    This method of gender selection has been around since the 1960s. Dr. Landrum Shettles, author of How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby, recommends methods of gender selection most upheld by scientific evidence and without costly or controversial medical procedures.

The basic premise is that men produce two types of sperm, the X (female) and Y (male). According to Dr. Shettles' studies, the male (Y) sperm are smaller and weaker but faster than the female (X) sperm, which are bigger, stronger and slower. Understanding this information helps in manipulating the sex of your child.

The right time
    The most important factor in gender selection is the timing of intercourse during the monthly cycle, so the woman must be familiar with her menstrual cycle. She can learn more about this by following natural family planning methods (including charting her basal body temperature and tracking her cervical fluid), and using ovulation predictor kits, available at most pharmacies.
    The Shettles method believes that the closer to ovulation you have sex the more likely it is that you will have a boy. However, if you have sex two or three days prior to the egg being released, you have a better chance of having a girl. Basically, if you have intercourse right at or near ovulation then the Y sperm will make it to the egg quickly and you have a boy, whereas if the sperm is released two or three days before the egg, the Y sperm will die off and there will be more X sperm left waiting for the egg to appear and fertilization will most likely result in a girl.

Vaginal pH
    The pH of a woman's vagina is also very important. An acidic environment favors girls, since it will kill the weaker male sperm first and leave a greater number of X sperm to fertilize the egg. So, if you are trying for a boy, a good time for intercourse is when the vaginal balance changes to alkaline—on the day you ovulate—otherwise the male sperm will either slow down or die in an acidic environment.

Sexual position
    Position of intercourse and depth of penetration are also important, partly because of pH. The closer to the entrance of the vagina, the more acidic the woman's tract is. Deep penetration places the sperm closer to the egg and gives the faster male sperm a head start. Shettles recommends the missionary position for girls and deeper penetration positions such as rear entry for conceiving boys.

Sperm count Obviously a low sperm count to begin with doesn't favor either sex, but a high sperm count favors boys. Shettles recommends that when trying for a boy, the man wear loose underwear because the testicles need cooler temperatures for sperm to survive and thus the weaker Y (male) sperm will benefit from this more than the stronger X (female) sperm. For a girl, it is suggested that the man have a hot bath immediately before intercourse to give the X (female) sperm an advantage (by killing off the weaker male sperm).

Food for thought
    It is thought that minerals in your diet affect the metabolism and environment of the egg and therefore make it more attractive to sperm of one particular sex. If you want a boy, eat plenty of potassium-rich foods such as meat, bananas, apricots, and celery. If you want a girl, lots of magnesium-rich foods such as nuts, soya beans, and leafy green vegetables should do the trick.

While some couples swear by gender selection methods, others say that there is no certain way to choose the sex of your baby. No matter which theory you believe, there is one definite: you and your partner will have fun trying out the various methods!

If You Want a Boy...
    > Eat more meat (the redder the better).
    > Stick with salty snacks — pretzels, chips, and so on.
    > Dads-to-be: Stock up on soda (especially cola drinks).
    If You Want a Girl...
    > Both partners should eat lots of fish and veggies.
    > Give in to your chocolate craving (or just eat sweets in general).
    If You Want a Boy...
    > Lie down after sex and stay there for a while. Supposedly that gives the boy sperm a chance to beat the girl sperm to the egg.
    > Make love standing up.
    > Try the rear-entry position.
    > Focus on his pleasure — if the male partner climaxes first, you're supposedly guaranteed a boy.
    > Give in to seduction — if the man is the one to suggest some baby-making, you'll get a boy.
    > Gals, sleep to the left of your partner.

SHETTLES METHOD SUMMARY
    Basically, men produce two types of sperms, the X (female) and Y (male). According to Dr. Shettles' studies the y-sperms are smaller, weaker, but faster than their siblings x-sperms, which are bigger, stronger, but slower.
    Based on this fact, there are several things you can do to "favor" the conception of boys or girls:
    (1) The most important aspect of all is timing of intercourse during the monthly cycle. The closer to ovulation you have sex, the better the chances to have a boy, because the y-sperms are faster and tend to get to the egg first. If you have sex 3 days or more before ovulation, the better your chances to conceive a girl, because the weaker y-sperms tend to die sooner and the x-sperms will be available in greater quantity whenever the egg is released. On the other hand, having sex from 2 days before ovulation, through a few days after ovulation, is better for conceiving a boy. Around the 2-day point -- 48 hours before ovulation -- seems to be the 50/50 mark.
    (2) The pH of the women's tract is also very important. A more acidic environment favors girls, since it will kill the weaker y-sperms first, leaving a greater quantity of x-sperms available to fertilize the egg. On the other hand, a more alkaline environment favors boys. Shettles recommends a douche of water and vinegar (acid) immediately before intercourse to favor a girl; a douche of water and baking soda (alkaline) will help for a boy.
    (Don't try this without reading Shettles! You have to dilute the douches properly, according to his formula, or they won't help and might hurt you.)
    Note: Some women are naturally very acidic and have a hard time conceiving boys.

(3) Position of intercourse and depth of penetration are important, partly because of pH. The closer to the entrance to the vagina, the more acidic the women's tract is. Also, deep penetration places the sperm closer to the egg, and gives those aggressive boy sperms a head start :). So, a shallow penetration will favor girls and a deeper will favor boys. Shettles recommends missionary-position for a girl, and rear-entry (dog-style) for a boy.

(4) Women's orgasms can also be important. It also has to do with pH. When a woman has an orgasm, the body releases some kind of substance that makes the environment more alkaline, favoring boys. He recommends no orgasms when trying for girls!

(5) The sperm count is another factor. Obviously, a low sperm count to begin with doesn't favor either sex. But a high sperm count favors boys. Shettles recommends three things:
    (a) When trying for a boy, don't have sex for 3- 4 days before you reach the target date a day or two before ovulation! For girls, have sex everyday from day=1 or day=5 ("cleaner" :)), and stop 3 days before ovulation. (b) Shettles recommends that for boys, the man wear loose underwear only -- that is, men who usually wear briefs or other tight underwear should switch to boxers. The idea is the same as wearing boxers to increase overall fertility -- the testicles need cooler temperatures for sperms to survive, and the Y-sperms, since they are weaker, will be helped more than the X-sperms by this method. However, Shettles does NOT recommend the opposite, that men wear briefs for a girl -- this will just decrease overall fertility. (c) Also, for a girl, the man is supposed to take a hot bath immediately before intercourse. "Room temperature" is fine for a boy. The idea is the same as the briefs versus boxers -- give the X- sperms an advantage.

(6) Finally, in trying for a boy, Shettles recommends a nice cup of caffeinated coffee for the man, right before sex -- he isn't clear on how or why this works, but apparently it gives the Y-sperms a jolt!

7. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

I don't think we should judge our friend here because she wants to have a boy. Unless we walk in her shoes, we won't know what she has to endure on a day to day basis. We might think the same way if we were in the same circumstance.

If you have a 26-27 day cycle, you first need to figure out when you ovulate. You can use an ovulation prediction kit for the same. To maximize the chances of a boy, have intercourse only on the day of ovulation. My mom also says to lie down on your right side after intercourse and also to have it early in the morning.

Hope this helps you.

Pooja

8. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

hi friends,

thanks alots for the above comments...

was a very active member few yrs ago when i was in singapore but after coming here back in india i m unable to keep connected with u all...

n seriously after comin back in india is a totally shockin experience regarding relatives and ILws....

anyways again thankin u ppl for takin time n replyin me

9. vbhatt

vbhatt New IL'ite

Hi,

I have been told by my close friend who had similar problem at her in-laws and she told me that this 2 are tried and tested methods for generations in thier family ... You usualy ovulate on 12th date. To monitor your ovulation check the site Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com and bare in mind this two things

1) You should try this dates
    Male Child: Days 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 & 16 from commencement of menstruation.

Female Child:Days 5, 7, 9, & 15 from commencement of menstruation

2.) Once you have concieved/ pregnant after 2 months and on your 21st day you should eat the whole seed of coconut. Its a size of apricot. You should swallow the whole of it ...its hard imagining but its possible. My friend told me she had it and she drank a lot of water to let it pass her throat... This is a sure sure way to have baby boy and has been coming from generations in my friends family so no harm in trying.

All the best !

10. nel

nel New IL'ite

want a boy child

I am looking out how to find out the sperm count and wheather i have to give my sperm sample at the testing lab. i can't take my sample at home in the morning and if required refregrate it and then give it for testing? Also having pain in her abdomen shows she is releasing the egg? Should she see a doctor to check for any infection in that month as she feels eching on the vagina lips.:)