1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Planning For A Trip To Us In Bvisa Official -need Guidance

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by dhivyacc, Jun 21, 2016.

1. dhivyacc

dhivyacc Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Hi to everyone. after a long time here.

today my manager discussed with me that for a KT purpose they are going to send me in BVisa for 3 weeks (as of now they said ).

I have 2 sons (3rd std, LKG) .
    My parents live 400 kms away. me and my spouse work for same IT firm.
    Is it good to accept as it is very short term or give your views in this..
    it will help me ...
    what i plan is alternate weeks i can ask my parents & inlaws to stay with my family as children will not feel lonely.
    I have inhouse maid as of now so she can manage household things...

My most worrying part is on me. how i go to tolerate and do things, as am the only one going. and its first time.

please guide me

2. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Accept and go.its short term .everything will turn out fine.

3. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

are you worried about travelling alone or for leaving kids behind?

4. dhivyacc

dhivyacc Silver IL'ite

leaving kids..
    as travel thru company, i believe all arrangements will be taken care by them and also there wil be somebody from the same office who may travel(my assumption)

5. magician

magician Silver IL'ite

3 weeks should be alright. You can rest assured that you'll find Indians somewhere.

6. Varunvedanth

Varunvedanth New IL'ite

IMHO, Its not really worth it to come to US for just 3 weeks. You wont be able to visit many places too, you will just have 2 weekends to visit anywhere. It may cost you $1000 atleast.

Having said that if you have to come to US,there is nothing to be scared of. It is just that you need bring the right stuff while coming here. Depending on the city you are going to visit I can guide you more, incase you need help

7. dhivyacc

dhivyacc Silver IL'ite

Ya i agree.. i cannot visit many places.... its kind of Knowledge Transfer for 3 weeks for a new project.
    i will be into Bay area. san jose probably.
    may be after a year or two , we may plan to come as a family in H1 /L1 along with kids.
    right now i will only travel.
    Thanks varunvedanth, wat is that right stuff :) , is there anything specific?
    If B-visa means they will take care of accomodations rit?

8. Varunvedanth

Varunvedanth New IL'ite

Yup he covered almost everything necessary.
    I think Google Shopping Express works in San Jose area, so you should be good even if you miss any of the stuff apart from the above list

9. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

ur kids are big to know mom is out for work and will be fine. 3 weeks pass by in jiffy. you may feel very home sick all this time but hang on there, you will be back in no time.

10. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

coming to kids part, if they don't see u at all for 3 weeks(especially for younger one) may be they get scared, so kids father has to explain every night mom will come back in few days, she will bring toys or dresses etc. and do a skype call everyday at kids bed time, and talk a lot what u did etc, may be for an hour till kids doze off, it gives them great security that mom is there and will come back.
    If you have wi-fi camera already at home u can fix it and see kids in ur mobile all the time. Or ask ur H to continue skype call all the time when u r at hotel , so that u can see kids and they can see u as much as time permits for both of you.
    (When i left my 2 1/2 years old son for 2 weeks I did this, and I felt as he was looking in screen everyday he didn't get scared about where is mommy, why she is n't at home? etc)