1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Planning a week's trip to West coast

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Bay Area' started by vpriya, Oct 28, 2006.

1. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    I am planning a week trip to west coast, All the posts here abt attractions are very helpful. I dont think i can cover all the places in 1 week with a 1 yr old kid. can some one tell me what are the must see places, how is the weather there now for us to visit grand canyon? or should we leave it for another trip?

I am from NJ and here it is getting cold,50F and looking for some warmer vacation.
    Thanks.

2. Hopefloats

Hopefloats New IL'ite

Hi Priya

Welcome to the forum.

You get to enjoy GC most when there is a nice and clear visibility. at this time of the year I doubt whether the sky will be clear. please do check their official site, which might be helpful (www.thecanyon.com) . The weather till today has been good here, gets slightly cold at night. My friends had been to Los Angeles last weekend and they told me that it was very hot but they enjoyed the parks because of it. Las Vegas is also a place to see. I think it might not be very cold there. There are a lot of beautiful beaches and lake side places here but since it the end of summer and you are looking for a warmer vacation place, I do not know what to suggest. I would prefer to enjoy the winter while it lasts. Seatle and Portland are also good places if you like the rain and snow. Hope this helps.

Have fun!

Hopefloats

3. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Thankyou hopefloats!
    I checkedthe link u had given, thankyou for thelink, looks like we should skip GC and may be go to SF and LA.

Will be going to seattle next yr to see my cousin. In california what are the good places to see? we will be there for 7 to 10 days. any tips and suggestions would be helpful. we have already been to disneyland, andmore over since my son is too young will skip that.
    Thanks.
    Priya.

4. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

places to see around SF

Hi Hopefloats,
    Finally we are planning to visit near SF, what wouldbe the goodplaces to visit, i did check the websites andbooks, is reyes point worth the time and drive? i read abt the 17mile drive,do we need to stay overnight there on the way? how is big sur? sometimes the books overrate some places, so i would like to know from someonewho has alreadyvisited.we have a toddler and i dont want to make it hard for us.
    Thanks.

5. Hopefloats

Hopefloats New IL'ite

Hi Priya

Sorry about the late reply..

Point Reyes, 17 mile drive and Big Sur are all very good places to me. But I am a little sceptical about the climate. All three places are noted for their sunrise and sunset. I would suggest that you do carry appropriate clothing to keep you warm and enjoy your stay.

Hope you have fun!
    Hopefloats