1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Planned to leave how should I handle it all

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by whatznext, Feb 23, 2012.

1. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

OP, what you describe is a very common behavior in victims of domestic abuse....the questions..if he will change, is it because of others, does he not care....can he really not understand my needs?

Can you talk to others who have had similar experiences? They will give you a perspective that will get you through this...can you see counselor who work with women in abusive relationships? This is not a case of 'i want cake while she wants bread'...there is too much at stake for you...if you go back now there will also be an increase in control and abuse because you started your fledgling flight and went back defeated (in their mind)...so they will increase their power play to make sure you don't attempt even this level of protest the next time.

it is important to know when something can't and shouldn't be salvaged. It will be difficult yes, but it will be worthwhile. There are others who have gonenthrough similar experiences even on this forum...I bet they have a ton of information and support because they know the doubts which arise when you are at the crossroads...get intouch with them. Ae you in chennai? There is a very good psychiatrist who works mainly with women in your circumstances...I will look up the number if you are in Chennai and pass it on to you. Not because there is something wrong withyou but because talking to a professional will help you organize the skills you need to face the immediate future and what follows subsequently.

2 people like this.
  2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I personally doubt this case can be salvaged .

How did u have access to these chats? This is important piece of evidence.
    Do u have any saved screen shots or text dumps of the chats that ur brother had with his sister where he talks about hitting u ,keeping u in line,controlling you?
    Some chats like gchat also save the conversations in email. Think hard if u can retrieve any of this information. There are ways u can log into ur home computer from ur current location in india if u had left the machine on.
    I know u dont want to do or think about this at this stage. But the problem is by the time u are in a state when u can do it.... its almost always too late to retrieve that kind of information.

3. whatznext

whatznext New IL'ite

teacher, i dont know any one who were in similar situation. I dont know what is happening to me, i am feeling some what. i find the city somewhat, i find my parents house somewhat, i am feeling that no on from my house is calling him to find out what is going to happen next, i feel angry, i feel sad i feel left out, i feel blank, i am so coonfused, that i go hug my mom, my sisters. All have got on to their jobs. This question mark thing is so so annoying. I am in Blore. And about the chat, i have access to it yet.. irrespective of he changing pwds i can access. But whats the use of all these evidences... all this would be of no use in caase we are discussing with his parents. BTW my bro didnt chat with his sis.... H chatted with his sis.

4. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

OP, all these days you had the plan to go to India to keep you on track...now that you are home, there is a lull. This interval will be difficult until you decide how to go about sorting your life. Once you get started you will feel more in control... as daft and inane as this sounds...hang in there.

I have asked around for some contact info in Bangalore..I will pass any lead I get. In the meantime, put your thoughts down on what you can and can't compromise on...if you are going to try for a reconciliation, then try your best to see a counselor...it will benefit both of you to talk to someone who is completely out of the picture. It may help your husband to hear from an outsider how abnormal his behavior is andit may help you firm up your resolve if you do decideto leave him...whatever you do don't give upbcontrol of your documents, jewelry, etc.

5. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,
    This is the time to relax,meet your old friends . You are feeling lost since all your family members have their own life and you are in between situations.Earlier you were trying to reach home and now you have to think about the next step.
    Its good that no one from your family is talking to H's family, they deserve this. Lets see what they come up with.
    Do you wish to go back to H? Are you willing to put up with abuse all your life?

You have an option of taking a job in India and staying away from H . This will give you time to assess your situation, become independent and your H will hopefully realise your value.
    At the end of the day its your life, you are lucky to have parents and family who support you . But a job gives immense confidence apart from money.
    Look for jobs, it will help you to stop thinking about H and his family for the time being.

6. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Dear Friend,

Give urself and ur family sometime....From what u r sayin, it seems like ur turnin towards pessimism which is not healthy....Try to divert ur mind away from ur H and ur PIL...Look at the positive side of life, consider urself lucky tht God helped u get out of the hell(sorry, no offense meant) and start afresh...

Why dont u engross urself in some activities/hobby which u r interested in and which will make feel happy...Life is a gift so enjoy it...For sometime atleast forget abt everythin else and give urself sometime, time is the best healer....

Remember, nothing and no one is more important than urself...I can understn tht ur family is busy in their own activities and u r feelin left out, but pls do not encourage such thoughts instead u also do something which excites u.makes u happy....like - meet ur friends, go shoppin, engage urself so tht u do not hv time to think abt all the negativity which is buildin in and around u....

And yes have faith in the Almighty, He is there to take care of u and we all are prayin for ur well being....so relax....

Stay positive, stay strong and leave the rest to God....

God Bless and Good Luck...:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Whatznext,

I really admire your courage and strength in getting away from your husband and back to your parents. Don't dither in your plans. If you have even the slightest of doubts, just go back and read all your own posts and you will know for yourself how "good" or otherwise your husband is. No "good" husband will ever hit his wife, no matter what the provocation. No "good" husband will talk badly about his wife to his family and plot with them to trap her once back home. From all you have said, this man and his family seem to be beyond redemption. Don't ever fall back into their trap and endanger your life again. You have got out of a hell hole. Life will not be easy, I understand, but I don't think it could be worse than what you have already been through.

2 people like this.
  8. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

OP check your PM, I sent you info on a couple of contacts...will forward more as they arrive..

9. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,

This is the calm before the storm. The moment either side takes a step, there will be lot of discussions and accusations. Please collect the chat transcripts. During all these discussions, this would be a key evidence. Else they can deny ever having done it.

During this time, keep your cool. Dont get frustrated with the situation or annoyed with your parents. Remember that your parents have been very supportive of you. There are many cases in this forum itself where parents asked their daughters to grin and bear the abuse of their husbands because they were afraid of the society.

I would suggest you to occupy yourself during this free time. You have been in a stressful environment till now. Sit and analyze with a clear mind, what made you leave your husband in the first place, what your future course of action should be. There will be lots to think and plan.

10. whatznext

whatznext New IL'ite

I had read thru all your replies and was quite for like 2 weeks and then we wanted to give another chance for this marriage and i didnt want to cut off. So i asked my parents to call them, after repeated calls, H picked and when we said we are coming to ur house, H said not to come as his dad was not home. We still went, his bro told us not come come in, but then in a frienly way my parents said something and went in. We wait for like hours and then his father came, H didnt say anything, his dad and his dad's bro started to say, go get some elders and we dont want to speak to you people. Me, sis, bil and my younger bro who is like 25 yrs old had gone. my bil tried to initiatite talks, so his dad's bro started to show hands and speak badly and my bro said not to show hands and all. so they all got wild that small guy is speaking like this. each of them started saying one one thing. And told to go out and come with one of our uncle and aunt who did kanyadhan for me. if you people dont leave now, then we will leave the house they said, and started to pack bags and go to the other house they have near by, MY H said i want to speak only, but i respect my parents so i will not speak and he also got ready to go. so we returned back, had said we will get uncle and aunt over nxt wk end... but during wk end when we called, his dad said no we will only come this wednesday. in the mean time i checked his mails and got to knw that he has consulted a lawyer and drafeted a divorce notice where he has accused
    - speaking bad words about his family, insulting them verbally with H
    - not giving salary
    - calling names to his family
    - hitting him
    - not cooking
    - threatening of putting dowry case
    He said that i created nuisance by shouting in the public and all. and telling bad about him to his colelagues and freinds who hav a bad picture about him

He is the one who hit me in public and tortured me, i was suffering physically and mentally bcause of his torture now he has changed plate.

I wanted to live with this guy, i still want to.. i never thought it would go to this extent. Please suggest what would happen further !! What if he issues lawyer notice like this, what will happen