Places of interest for Kids

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Dubai' started by anumdas, Jul 3, 2008.

1. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Hi friends

Now that we are having so much of DSS programs going around, can we just put in some information about the places worth visiting, so that we can take our kids as well. I have seen the information available on the website Dubai Summer Surprises 2008 :) Catch a smile this summer. But the information is very limited. Like, I was thinking would Modhesh fun city will be a good option to take my 2 1/2 yr old daughter? I have also read that there is going to be some flower shower in Al Ghurair Mall tomorrow. May be I gear up for that. If you have interesting informations, please do post in here.

Regards
    Anu Abhilash

2. babita_sn

babita_sn Bronze IL'ite

Hi anu,

Nice thought.Modesh fun City will be a nice idea.Even i have a 2 year 2 month duaghter.Any all malls are having some or other activitiesWill post when i come across any.

Thankx.
    Regards.
    Babita

3. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I had been to Al Ghurair on Friday to watch the flower shower, just to know that it was there only on Thursday evening. Then we took a quick visit to Modhesh fun city. Entry fee is 20 Dhs for the adults. Inside, you have a lot many option for spending money, which i felt a slight pinching!! However there were slides which were not charged and my daughter had some time on that. I think kids more than the age of 3 who can draw and enjoy like that will have a nice time there. i thought I will just share the information with you.
    Regards
    Anu

4. arinuw

arinuw Senior IL'ite

thanks a lot for the info. even i was thinking of takingmy 3 yr to modhesh city but now i will reconsider it. as its too far for us and we dont have a car, we have to think of transport also.

there is a kids olympic games going to be this friday 11 july at ibn batuta mall. im not sure how we can participate but kids of all ages can participate even small 1-2 yr old as they have some activities like rattle throwing, crawling race, baby race etc

5. arinuw

arinuw Senior IL'ite

yes ur right, the info on website is very limited so u really dont know whether u shud go there or not.

6. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Thanks Arinuw

I think I should drop at Ibn Battuta Mall.

Regards
    Anu

7. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Hi Arinuw
    I had called Ibn Battuta Mall and they have told that they will be conducting the kids sporting events on Friday and Saturday after 5 PM.

8. arinuw

arinuw Senior IL'ite

i had been to ibn batuta mall at 4.20 and already teh registrations for 3 yr old were closed.
    there was tricycle race on that day and u have to come before 4.00 to register.