Places for shopping in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Hyderabad' started by Sushmakiran, Jan 23, 2009.

1. sai19

sai19 New IL'ite

Saree shops in charminar

Hi,

It will be great if someone can let me know which shops are good in charminar to buy sarees and dresses.Are there any fixed prices shops or do we need to bargain in all the shops.
    Also Which shop is good for 1gram gold jewellery in laad bazaar?
    I would also like to know what is the latest trend in embroidery sarees.
    Thanks in advance for all your replies.

Regards,
    Sai

2. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Re: Saree shops in charminar

Hi,

There is Chavi saree's exclusively for work sarees and just beside to it Mungalal saree and dress materials in charminar,address am not sure but will be towards first right near the chowrastha before entering charminar.

3. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi Sai, Welcome to IndusLadies and Hyderabad forum!

There are lots of shops at Madina and Begum Bazaar to buy sarees and dress materials. Mehboob is also one good one and you can find all shops in one lane in front of Madina market where prices will be fixed.

If you go interiors you will find local shops where you can bargain a lot but benefits only if you are buying more..

I don't know latest but always zardosi and silk embriodery are famouse in Hyderabad.

For 1 gram gold jewellery you can check out at Shingar!

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Seno, Latha,

Which is the best place to buy Kalanjali print dresses and also Organdy and Organza material. Where can I buy Karachi biscuts??

5. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Janani,

The Kalanjali printed material,Organdy and organza fabric is available in Narsingh clothe emporium(Ameerpet),Meenaz (Abids,Basheerbagh) these outlets are exclusive for unstitched salwar material.

Karachai Biscuits are famous from Karachi Bakery(Bajara hills Rd.no 1,Nampally).Even most of the local bakeries stock these biscuits which are as tastier as the karachi ones.

Happy shopping:)

6. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Janani dear,

Main branch of Karachi bakery is at Mozzamjahi Market and also at Banjara Hills but all local super markets will also sell them.

You can find them in stores of Railway station or MGBS, i buy them sometimes when i don't have time to buy them before ;-) and Fruit biscuits are very yummy when compared to almond or kajju!

You want Kalanjali printed material or kalamkari..? Yeah as Latha mentioned you can find them at Narsings in Ameerpet (the one beside RS.Brothers) they are so many branches of this particualar shop in near by galli's..

7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Thanks Lathaa, Seno for your suggestions, will keep on the lookout for these shops.
    Seno, I meant the Kalanjali print only and not Kalmakari.

8. chisha

chisha New IL'ite

Thank you. I did visit narsingi and I got cotton voile plain saree which I think I will stitch into two tops. I also got good real silk material on which I plan to do maggam work (get done). Which would be the best place to do this?

9. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

where to buy good quality cotton salwar

Hi all,
    As the scorching heat has started already, I wish to buy some durable cotton salwars for summer...

Pls suggest some good shops selling either readymade or durable cotton salwar material.. ie those that are washable in washing machine and starched and still have nice color without fading...:)

10. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Re: where to buy good quality cotton salwar

Hi Hema,
    Cheapjack and Cotton city in Sec'bad General bazar has a wide range of cotton materials at a reasonable price.
    Narsingi in Ameerpet also, good variety is there.