Pilgrimage Tour - Tamil Nadu

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by mala76, Oct 1, 2012.

1. mala76

mala76 Senior IL'ite

Hi frends,

I have completed my temple tours around tamil nadu recently. Glad to share some infor with all of you.

1) Started with tirupati - We stayed at Tirumala and left bout 8 am to tirupati. Reach Tirupati by 830. We managed to enter via NRI que (our driver took us ) and managed to finish the darshan by 10.30 am. We was happy that, we got a gud darshan view of the lord. Tamil Nadu Trip Aug 2012  (76).JPG

Photo taken from the carpark.
    2) After Tirupati darshan, we stop at the Hanuman temple.(on the way driving down to Tirumala) Tamil Nadu Trip Aug 2012  (92).JPG
    Othr temples to follow soon...

2. kirthihema

kirthihema Bronze IL'ite

Divine place every ilite should visit and experience it

3. mala76

mala76 Senior IL'ite

2) After Tirupati, on the same day we drove to Kanchipuram. Visited Kamakshi Amman Temple first. It was the month of Adi & friday- temple was crowded. Tamil Nadu Trip Aug 2012  (127).JPG
    Than, we proceed to Ekambaranathar Temple. Also had a good darshan here. Attached some photos from this temple. Tamil Nadu Trip Aug 2012  (173).JPG

Tamil Nadu Trip Aug 2012  (192).JPG

4. menuvenki

menuvenki Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Excellent pics.Especially hanuman and Ekambranathar temple

1 person likes this.
  5. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

god bless you its so divine......waiting for more

6. mala76

mala76 Senior IL'ite

Hi...to continue...3rd day..
    We drove to Arunachaleswarar Temple - Thiruvanamalai....about 3hrs drive from Kanchipuram. Some pictures to follow.
    Tamil Nadu Trip Aug 2012  (298).JPG Tamil Nadu Trip Aug 2012  (329).JPG Tamil Nadu Trip Aug 2012  (272).JPG

2 people like this.
  7. mala76

mala76 Senior IL'ite

After Thiruvanamalai, we drove to Trichy on the same day. Driving about 3 hrs too. Temples in Trichy Samayapuram mariamman. Unfortunately, could not get any pictures. Than, we proceed to Srirengam & Uchi Pillaiyar. We paid rp250 per pax for the special que. Managed for darshan in about 1/2 hrs...Pictures to follow in Sri Renganathar Temple....

Tamil Nadu Trip Aug 2012  (412).JPG Tamil Nadu Trip Aug 2012  (422).JPG Tamil Nadu Trip Aug 2012  (407).JPG Tamil Nadu Trip Aug 2012  (379).JPG

2 people like this.
  8. mala76

mala76 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Anu...

9. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mala76,

Indeed you are blessed. Not everyone gets an opportunity like this. Thank you for sharing the pictures with us and virtually taking us with you there.

I have visited Tirupati Balaji a couple of times and no matter how much ever crowded, one feels so divine after the Lord's darshan.....no matter even if it is just a glimpse
    Also, Kancheepuram is known as the city of temples. The Kanchi Kamakshi temple, Ekambaram and Perumal temples are very famous.

Looking forward to more from your end

10. deepthylakshmi

deepthylakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Good that you have fully utilised your trip. I am here for the past 30yrs in Tamilnadu but havent visitied lot of temples here. Let me try and let me consider you as my Rolemodel for the trip