1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Picked!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jun 20, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Madhu was mercilessly beating his 8 year old son Raj, though Raj was pleading him to stop. "One more time this happens, I will tear you apart!" he shouted. Madhu was angry for Raj has lost the money that had been given to him. The money was less, but losing it was not taken lightly on Madhu's part.

Madhu did not have a regular job. Some of those luckier days, he would get more and some days less. Also, there was a stiff competition for the job that he was into. At times he even cursed his fate and went jobless for days. But he had always taken pride that he never begged and always had worked real hard to get the money. After having worked this hard, he knew the value of money much more than many.

He had his shortcomings too, in boozing and smoking, but who doesn't these days? he asked. The first thing that he did most of the days was to get a daily pass for the bus journey. Invariably he ended making many short trips and the pass was worth for its money.

After beating his son hard that day, he felt no remorse as he boarded the bus. But either he was a trifle careless, or the other one a bit too careful, he was caught red-handed.

Yes. Picking pockets was what he did all along!

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

Very nice pick pocket story. Till the end i could not assume. You picked and dropped the final ending in an
    excellent way.

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your nice feedback Sreema. I was wondering whether I made a mistake of justifying his act of picking pockets, which resulted in not receiving any feedback. -rgs

4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

this story reflects that we expect the world out of our children and are so quick to punish them but what about us????...
    am I reading too deep into the story???
    k

5. rgsrinivasan

Wow! Thats something unexpected for me. And you are quite right Kelly. I tried only to keep the readers surprised for the last line, but you took a completely different thing out of it. Thanks very much for your feedback. And its quite true too. We always point out / punish others for their folly, but. -rgs