Photos of deities

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by vivbass, Feb 9, 2007.

1. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Very inforamtive about uchi kala poojai in tiruvanaikaval and nellaiappar kovil. all deities are very beautiful. very useful to all . i am not aware of this significance of uchi kala pooja. thanks for sharing with all.

regards,

raji

2. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Sri panjamuga anjaneyar is very fine and the details of five faces of sri hanuman is excellent.

3. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitraji,

Very nice and detailed information is given by you about the Vanamutti Perumal Temple. My MIL is in Kuttalam (near Mayavaram only). I have not visited this temple at all.

After I came to know all the details about this temple, I am sure that next time during my visit, I will go to this temple and come.

Thank you very much for providing the details in depth for us.

4. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitraji

Thank you very much for giving the details about the five faces of Hanuman and the picture is very nice.

The link of Vanamutti Perumal Temple :thumbsupis very nice containing details of the temples nearby also.

Thank you very much.

5. gowthamanappu

gowthamanappu Bronze IL'ite

The end of wisdom is freedom.

The end of culture is perfection.

The end of education is Character.

The end of knowledge is love.

That eye alone is the real eye, which sees God in every thing.

--- Swami Sivananda

best wishes / chitra.g

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  6. gowthamanappu

(Guru) Dakshinamoorthy : Gurusthalam for Dakshinamurthy's blessings!

1. Tiruvilli Dhaayam Near Padi. - The temple is dedicated to lord shiva,the name of Thiruvalithayanathar.This temple about 25 kms from Chennai,now Thiruvalithayam is called as Padi(near Annanagar). Guru holds the portfolio of wisdom, and health.

2. Govindam Padi near Kancheepuram. - Govindavadi is well known for Gurusthalam temple. The speciality of this temple is the Guru bhagavan. Shri Dhakshinamoorthy is worshipped as Guru.

3. Thokolam Near Arakonam- It is said that Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu did penance to get a darshan of Lord Shiva at this place. Thus Thiruvooral came to be known as Thavakkolam, and was later called Thakkolam.

4. Ilambayam Kottor Dakshinamoorthy with 'Chinmudra' (40kms from Poonamallee)- The Yoga Dakshinamoorthy idol in this temple is a wonderful work of art. He sits under the kallala (banyan) tree, with his hair open. He positions the famous ‘chin mudra’ on his chest and has a 'yoga pattai' (a belt like thing) between his right leg and hip, specifically signifying the importance of Atma Gnanam.

5. Alangudi-guru sthalam-near Needamangalam-Thiruvarur district. -Sundarar received his Gnana upadesam after his darshanam of Dakshinamurthy at this sthalam .

6. Then Thittai near Thanjavur. - Actually Alangudi near Kumbakonam is the main Guru Parihara sthalam of the Navagraha temples around Kumbakonam where Lord Dakshinamoorthy is being worshipped as Guru but this Vasishteswarar temple at Thittai is also considered a Guru Parihara sthalam where the Navagraha star Guru (Jupiter) is present as Guru in a separate shrine with vimanam.

7. Tiruchendur- Murugan also gurusthalam. - Vedas are considered the source and treasure-house of all knowledge and Muruga is known as the embodiment of Vedas (Vedha Mantra Swaroopa).
    =========================

Guru:Fame, wealth, siblings are the beneficial aspects of Guru. Guru is the Lord of Dhanusu and Meena Rasi and he faces South direction. Pradikshanam to Sri Dakshinamoorthy(Guru Bagavan) twenty four times and lighting twenty four Ghee Deepams is believed to absolve all guru dhoshams and bring prosperity to one's life.

All Thursdays are special to Sri Guru Bagavan, New Moon Day (Ammavasai) , Full Moon Day (pournami) , Guruhorai, Days falling on stars like punarpoosam, Visagam and Pooratathi are very auspicious for Sri Guru Bagavan. Offering prayers on these days are more special. Performing Sahasranama Archana , Sri Guru Homam and Milk Abishegam will bring prosperity and fame in arts, and will ward of all doshams. Yellow cloth, Mullai and sarkarai pongal is offered to Guru. Make an attempt, go and take his blessings!

Pranams to his lotus feet/chitra.g

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  7. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Details of Gurusthalam is very useful to all. Lord Murugan with valli and deyvanai is very beautiful.

raji

8. gowthamanappu

God is the lover and the beloved at the same time. He loves the devotee and is the beloved of the latter. God's love is equally spread over all. It is only those, who love God, who are aware of the love of God. God is not partial to any one, but those who pray to Him feel His Grace. It is the sincere prayer of the devotee that brings about the materialization of the Grace of God.

____Swami Sivananda

===========================================

Om Yoga is the means by which we answer for ourselves the prayer:

Lead me from the unreal to the Real.
    Lead me from darkness to the Light.
    Lead me from death to Immortality.

see these beauties/chitra.g

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  9. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Sleeping posture of infant sivan,vinayagar is very amazing. i dont understand the deity of third one. which deity is the third one? in which place? nice sharing with all.

raji

10. gowthamanappu

Hi, this temple is in Nepal, Kathmandu, see the details.

Famous Budhanilkantha Temple Open to sky– Kathmandu – Nepal.

Lord Vishnu in Jalasayana, lying over Anantha Sesha (eleven hooded head) in the cosmic ocean. The seventeen feet deity is floating in a water tank. Legs crossed, and the four hands holding, the chakra, club, and conch-shell and lotus flower.

BUDHANILKANTHA means “old blue throat”. Hindus are allowed to go and touch the deity! The temple is more than 1000 years old.
    Royals, including the reigning monarch and their heir are not allowed to see the Budhanilkantha, the temple we are referring, for various inauspicious religious notions.
    The same deity exists inside the royal palace, and can be worshipped by the king, but cannot be seen by tourists.

You can also visit Lord Pashupathinath and other temples, best wishes. chitra.g

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009