Photos of deities

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by vivbass, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitraji,

Hanuman sleeping posture is not known to me. Thanks for sharing us.:thumbsup It is very very nice.

2. Muthuraji

Dear Chitraji

Very nice flower decoration photo of Nagaraja Temple Nagercoil. Thanks for sharing us.

3. Muthuraji

Dear Chitraji

It is very nice of to you write about the Madhya Kailash Adyar Temple. Very nice temple it is. I have visited once but I don't the photo of the same. Thank you very much to give the write up about the temple along with the photographs. It is looking good and clear. Thank you once again.:bowdown

4. gowthamanappu

gowthamanappu Bronze IL'ite

all the best!

chitra.g

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  5. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Flower decoration to sri nagarajar is very beautiful. narration and significance of Mathya kailash is very clear. thanks for sharing with all. Sri vinayakar and hanuman in one posture is an unknown to me. during my madras trip,surely i will visit mathya kailash.i couldnot catch your other photos.

regards,

raji

6. gowthamanappu

Sri Jambukeswarar Akilandeswari Temple - Thiruvanaikoil:

Thiruvanaikoil temple is one of the Panchabhoota Stalams. This temple represents water this is also called as 'Appu sthalam' and the Shivalinga ('Swami') here is called as 'Appu Linga'. Even today you can see constant flow of water around the Shivalinga idol in the temple. The goddess of this temple is 'Akilandeswari' ('Amman'). The Amman is also called as Akilandanyaki. Akilandeswari is pronounced as 'Akilam - Aanda – Eswari' (Goddess who rules the universe).

The main deity of the temple is Jambukeswara, representing the element water. Jambukeswara is depicted sitting under a jambu tree, which grows over a small stream that engulfs the deity during the rainy season. The temple is also considered the abode of goddess Akilandeswari, one of the forms of the goddess Parvati.

Sanctum of Goddess Akilandeshwari and the Sannathy of Prasanna Vinayaka are in the shape of the pranava manthra called "Om". It is believed that people who go round the sannathy (which is in the shape of "Om") 12 times and for one full mandala (48 days) will get the blessings of the goddess Akilandeshwari and have a good, healthy and wealthy life.

Uchi kaala pooja is very famous in this temple. It is being said that Goddess Akhilandeshwari, herself, does pooja to Jambukeshara. The priest who performs uchi kaala pooja wears a saree like a lady and does pooja to the lord and to the cow. (he is being lead by the temple elephant.) A treat to watch and participate! It is said that if you perform Uchi kaala pooja in this temple as well as nellaippar temple at Tirunelveli, unity in the family (with your kith and kin), will last for ever.(most important for peaceful life). If you happen to go, take the blessings of Jambukeswara and Nellaippar including their consorts!

best wishes/chitra.g

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  7. ilan

ilan New IL'ite

Chitra mme,

Adhyntha Prabu Pillaiar is new history I have never heard about it. I know Chennai is also famous for its legendry temples but never heard about this one. On my next visit to India i will surely visit this temple.

On one of my earlier quotes to you I had written abouth Vanamutti Perumal Temple near Mayiladuthurai (Mayavaram). The moolasthana Perumal (@10 feet ht) in this temple is a Athi maram (I do not know what tree is this in English) carved as Perumal and this temple is 800 years old. they say the roots of this perumal is still fresh even today. It is also Sani thosha nivarana sthalam.

Anbudan

Ilan S
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

8. gowthamanappu

Dear Ilan,

Aathi means Fig,

The Lord is made up of single Athi (Fig) tree with 4 hands holding Sangu, Chakram, Gadhai. TulasiMalai, Ornaments, were beautifully carved. The Vimanam looks like an Umbrella which is known as ‘Chathra Vimanam’. There is a beautiful shrine for Lord Yoga Narasimhar. Those who worship Lord Narasimhar would be cured of all their ailments and find relief from various problems.

Sri Vanamutti Perumal Temple, known as Sri Srinivasa Perumal, Kozhikuthi bestows Peace, prosperity, happiness and wealth. This temple is 5 kms from Mayavaram.

The temple is more than 1400 years old. The presiding deity, Vanamutti Perumal is more than 12 feet tall and carved out of a single Athi (Fig) tree. According to legend, Vanamutti Perumal gave Viswaroopa Dharshan to Pippalar Maharishi.

There are inscriptions on the granite walls which mention the divine power of the temple. At one place the inscription clearly reveals that this temple is known for “Sani Preethi Sthalam”. The inscription also reveals that there are 51 Saturdays in a year and 10 Vedic Pundits are to be fed after taking oil bath in all the 51 Saturdays.

Uniqueness: The Lord gives His divine darshan at this temple in a very holy way that the moolavar is carved out of Athimaram and is about 12 feet high with the holy conch, the chakra, the gadha, Abhayahastham with a uniquely tainted Ajantha colouration. With even the roots of Athimaram holding the Lord, this is significantly unique across the universe. It is said that lighting the holy lamp here once also would get enormous blessings of the Lord.

It is also said that the Sani Gayatri released by Pippalar Maharishi is significantly respected for any defects/deficiencies due to the planet Saturn in the horoscopes.

ஓம் கோணஸ்த பிங்கலே பப்ரு
    க்ருஷ்ணோ ரௌத்ராந்த கோயம்
    சௌரீ சனைச்ரே மந்த பிப்பலா தேன ஸமஸ்ஸதுத்
    ஏதானி தச நாமானி பிராத ருத்தாய ய: படேத்
    சனைச்சர கிருதா பீட நகதாசித் பவிஷ்யதி

Thayar Sri Daya Lakshmi is considered to eradicate the sufferings of the devotee in just a jiff.

Sri Yoga Narasimhar here is considered powerful, worshipping him during Pradosham is sure to cure Angaraha Dosham. Apart from this, he is considered to cure planetary defects/deficiencies, debt issues, uncurable diseases, and problems if you have any from enemies.

Sri Bhaktha Anjaneyar here is about four feet high and is considered to bless with victory in our works. The tail of Him comes close to His head and there is a small bell tied in His tail. He is also known as Sapthaswara Anjayaneyar, since tapping any part of His holy body would give a unique musical note. A unique Abhishekam to Him with milk, curd (yoghurt), cocunut water, honey, sandalwood paste and fruits is a sure remedy to cure off all evils accumulated in other births too. A ghee lamp to Him is considered a sure victory in our tasks.
    go through this link for more information --- Welcome to Sri Vanamutti Perumal Temple

The Ficus Tree ("Atthi Maram") is the stalavriksha. An interesting story is told about this tree. Once, in devaloka – the five heavenly tharus (trees), sandanam, devatharu, karpagam, mandharam and parijadham were re-considering their life at devaloka.

go through this link------

Vadivudai Amman, Sri Thiagarajaswamy temple, Tiruvotriyur

Aswini (Yetti Tree) , BharaNi ( Peru Nelli ) , Kaarthigai (Atthi) ,
    RohiNi ( Naaval/Jambhu dear to KrishNa) , Mrugaseersham
    ( Hard wood tree : KarumkAli) ,

how are you and how the kids are doing, I along with the family go to Mayavaram aka Mailaduthurai belt for ten days every year from last thirty years.?

best wishes?

chitra.g/reply!

source:- sthalapuranam/wiki/priests of the temple!

picture TWO Sri Vanamutti Perumal

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  9. ilan

ilan New IL'ite

mammy,

You are just amazing. And you are really a knowledge tank or akshya pathiram of divine informations. I had been to Vannamuti Perumal temple twice but the information you shared with us is new to me. Thank you. And my children are doing fine. Thank you again.

Anbudan

Ilan S
    =========================================

10. gowthamanappu

Every Face of Sri Panchamukha Hanuman has significance —

Hanuman assumed this form to kill Mahiravana, a powerful rakshasa black-magician and practitioner of the dark arts during the Ramayana war. Mahiravana had taken Lord Rama and Lakshmana captive, and the only way to kill him was to extinguish five lamps burning in different directions, all at the same instant. Hanuman assumed His Panchamukha form and accomplished the task, thus killing the rakshasa, and freeing Rama and Lakshmana.

Sri Hanuman faces east. He grants purity of mind and success.

The Narasimha faces south. He grants victory and fearlessness.

The west facing Garuda removes black magic and poisons.

The north facing Varaha, showers prosperity, wealth.

The Hayagriva mukha faces the Sky. But since we cannot see it, it is usually tilted and
    shown above Hanuman's face. Hayagriva gives Knowledge and good children.

Sri Panchamukha Anjaneya Swami was the main deity of Sri Raghavendra Swami.

JAI HANUMAN!

source:wiki/panchamukha hanuman temple, panchavatee.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009