Photography Contest for June 2012 - Theme - Backyard

Discussion in 'Photo of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

The theme for the month of June 2012 photography contest is..

Backyard

This month, for our special Photo contest, take out your camera and click some special shots of your backyard that’s special to you and don’t forget to tell us why your backyard is special to you.

Show us your photography skills and win a great prize.

Note:

• An IL-ite can post only ONE Entry.
    • No copy-pasting pictures from other sources (like websites, books, magazines, emails etc.).
    • Do not use any personal photographs.
    • The contest ends on 25th, Jnue 2012.

1 person likes this.

2. radhalakshmin

radhalakshmin New IL'ite

Hi where should i post a photo?

3. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

4. passionate89

passionate89 Platinum IL'ite

Hi IL, I am not clear about this Click some photo of 'your backyard'..... Can you please explain it to me?

I hae taken a photo of nature which I clicked near by my house..Can I post that?

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Here are a couple of photos from my back yard. I had posted these photos earlier in the gardening forum and I would like this to be considered as a non participating entry!

[justify]Now coming as to why my back yard is special? Well because it is lovely :) Just kidding! We love spending out doors and love our back yard for the openess as well as the privacy it provides. It allows us to be closer to nature being in the middle of 'you know what'. We enjoy all the four seasons looking through the window and most importantly all the little plants that start sprouting at the beginning of spring remind us that good weather is not too far away! Needless to say the number of birds that are residents during the warmer months, the bees, the beetles, the squirrels and some rabbits and an occasional lost deer are all a treat to the eyes and more importantly to our heart and our soul. Needless to say while we enjoy the different colors of the flowers, we are happy to spend some time under the shades of those green trees - with an occasional picnic! [/justify]

Who wouldn't like a lovely back yard and spend sometime there especially after like long snowy winter months!

I can't wait to see the other pictures and enjoy the virtual feast to the eyes!

Attached Files:

22 people like this.
  6. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Srama,

absolutely divine ! Loved the serenity and beauty so abundant in your backyard.......must be sheer bliss to sit around there and just day dream .....

2 people like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Paulina! Thank you for your words. We enjoy the back yard and I love the orderly chaos of the place! Just one rule - all the plants except weeds, can grow where they want. So I have never bothered to put new plants, or seperate or re plant or any such thing!

I know you have a lovely garden too. Please post your pictures!

Dear ILs, come on let us see a few more!

8. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

My backyard - always peaceful with beautiful very old trees, talks to me with their language. Mesmerizing sunset..Small lake/pond with duck busy looking for fish and pleasant breeze...I don't have go any where else for serene landscape, it is always there in my backyard. Thank you God, Love you mother earth!

Attached Files:

12 people like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Beautiful beautiful Vijikrish! Loved the second picture so much! Thanks for sharing!

10. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Thank you SRama, did you notice how happy trees are and you can see them talking to me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.