1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Phone calls

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 9, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

When two persons of the same name are there and some telephone numbers are there with little difference and instead of contacting the person you want and contact the other person you wont know what to talk for a minute.

I had this experience twice. Once I called my niece instead of calling my friend, both have the same name. Before hearing her voice I was talking something which I wanted to tell my friend and she realised that the call was not for her. I also realised my mistake that time only and felt bad.

Today again I dialled my brother in law's number instead of another friend as both have the numbers with a little change in the number. Luckily I heard his voice before I could talk anything and he was surprised to get a call from me. Somehow I managed talking to him and later called my friend.

2 people like this.

2. sujisaran

sujisaran Silver IL'ite

hi vijima

your posts made an eye opener to all , because i am having touch screen smart phone some times i thought i called my mom number but it gone for my dh no . usually i call my dh in pet names i will start talking any grocery purchase or anything else , but opposite side mom will ask me you want to send me these items to london through courier , she have big laugh then so now a days i am very cautious about whom i am calling nice post!!!

regards
    sujisaran

3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Vitamin Viji aunty,:)
    Nice one aunty,
    I too do these kind of mess ups....:hide:
    I had two friends of same name R....one was married with kids, other was a student....I used to call the unmarried R and ask about kids:drowning and the married R and ask about college.....:bonk

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, have done this goof up with the same set of friends. Wanted to call Anu and called up another Anu. Finally after a couple of times when I called the second Anu (this time intentionally), she asked me if I had called her up by mistake again. :hide: :bonk. Now I have both of them separated by their surnames which I check twice before I dial. :)

5. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

It happens to me all the time Viji ma. Unlike you, I am not good at maintaining the talk...

Me: Hello??
    D: Hey dear ... How are you?? Long time..
    Me: Yeah I am fine.. Is it M??
    D: No.. its D..
    Me: Oh sorry.. I wanted to call M.... Anyway nice talking with you.. will call you later..

And I never will hear from D again...

6. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Viji mam,

those were the funny moments..I made this mistak many time and sometimes I even realized the mistake after I cut the call :)

7. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice post. It happens, aunty!

8. iyerviji

Suji dear so you are also sailing in the same boat. I can understand how it would be when you make a call to your mom instead of your dh.

regards
    sujisaran[/QUOTE]

9. iyerviji

Bhargavi dear glad yu liked the post. That was a good one about speaking to your married friend and married.

10. iyerviji

Satchi dear the first one I was talking about phoning my niece instead of calling you. Good you have separated their names and cautious while dialling