1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Phone calls to India

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by monita, Jan 2, 2012.

1. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

My question is to the NRIs who have Ils visiting from India or other countries or are living with them permanently.
    How many phone calls do your ILs make to India or the country they come from when they are staying with you. I am interested in the general scenario regarding the phone calls. Thanks.

2. Anikha

Anikha Silver IL'ite

My IL s never visited us in U.S. But me and my husband call India every weekend to check on our parents.

3. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Hi Monita, my in-laws planned a trip to the US for the first time last year(2010)... They had plans to stay for 3 months, but my FIL fell sick one month after they came, he did not like the place so they went back in 1.5 months itself... My husband has two elder sisters who are married and settled in India... They(in-laws) used to call them(SILs) once in two days and speak for a few minutes... Used to call up some relatives once in two weeks... My MIL is a working woman, when she came here, another lady replaced her for three months... Since that lady was new to that job, my MIL used to call her once a week to help her out in some work by guiding her over the phone... This was the scenario for 1.5 months...

When they are in India, I call them twice a week, sometimes more(if anything important), sometimes less and my husband calls them once a week...

4. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

inlovewithmylyf - you have good IL's!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Psych... :) Yeah, they are really good.... :)