1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Philips Air fryer review required

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by sherin78, Sep 22, 2014.

1. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Dear ILites,

I would like to know reviews about Philips Air fryer and Softel smart Snacker. Is any one using any of the above.If so how are the taste variation from frying in oil.
    Thanks in advance.

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

I not used it, but had read other reviwes that said that it was just another type of grill. But I feel that it is too expensive.

1 person likes this.
  3. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

There's a promotional show running on Zoom channel everyday "Philips Airfryer: Thank God It's Fryday". Watch it and decide best. I am not sure abt the timings though..its in 8 to 9 pm bracket..just came across the same while switching channels :)

4. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Raji and memeera for your feedback. Finally bought a Philips Airfryer and it is good except few cons.

5. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Sherin,

Can you share Cons and Pros of using it. It may benefit others as well.

6. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

My precious prestige 18 liter otg had stopped working after its long service and many many delicious recipes !!!

So I ordered a Philips Airfryer online for diwali and it arrived broken to pieces :-(

Of course after numerous calls and worries and fights, I returned the product and got back the amount I paid, so no lasting harm done, but it got me thinking about the plastic outer covering and flimsy product quality!!!

Please check it out at the nearest outlet (Reliance digital, Croma might have them)

The cons -
    Plastic outer body - flimsy construction
    The grill heating coil and the fan is quite close to each other, so I am not sure about the longevity of the product.
    And the shape is bulky, so it was quite difficult to handle and move around in the kitchen.
    The basket is quite small - max of 1 bread sandwich might fit in.
    Check if the fan makes a lot of noise (I heard it makes noise, I dont know as I didnt switch on my Airfryer)

Pros -
    Basket size is so tiny and fan and heater element is right above the basket - so heating is much quicker and more even !!!

Finally I went ahead and bought a croma's optima 18 liter otg that has a convection fan !! - It is exactly like my old prestige otg except for the noiseless fan
    Even heating, more spacious, easy to move around and light weight - Fries and tikkis take 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes promised by air fryer - but fits so many more :)

3 people like this.
  7. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

hi, hrastro,inspired by ur posts on prestige otg,i too wanted to buy the same.and now u have got cromas optima.r u satisfied with its performance now?did u buy it online?is it safe to buy it online? prestige smart kitchen is near my house and i dont have any other shops dealing in otgs.so have to go for it only.:)

8. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

@hrastro: " Fries and tikkis take 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes promised by air fryer - but fits so many more "

I had to google otg to figure out it is a toaster oven
    grill! (by grill do they mean the broil feature? ) but how to do fries and tikkis in that? Did you mean a baked or broiled oil-free version of these? How would it taste? Could you explain?

OP, sorry to hijack your thread, no info on air fryers ...

9. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

@1sandhya I usually mix tikki - mashed half boiled veggies, some protein like soya granules, chickpea flour or peanuts and some ground masala like green or red chilli ,dhaniya, etc. Spread oil in baking tray with hand. Use the oily hand to Make patties. And bake 10 mins each side depending on the veggie. Fries take 10-15 mins if using frozen ones. Am travelling so typing on mobile. Will get back with more in new year.

@harinikanthi I had prestige for years!!! It is good...

2 people like this.
  10. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

thanks for ur reply dear.aft i buy the otg i hope u ll help me out to use it properly.friendssmiley