1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Philadelphia Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Philadelphia' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,

Can you tell me exactly which campus your son is going to be in? This is because PSU has a lot of campuses. There is one right next to my place in Great Valley, Malvern. If it is that, then there is a good choice of restaurants and Indian grocery shops where you get idli-dosa batter and a lot of MTR's ready made stuff. There are quite a few Tamil Sangams and Indian associations too.

But I dont know much about the other campuses, but if you tell me which campus, I can find out through my friends and contacts. Let me know and I shall try my best to help out.

BTW, I am from Trichy, TN.

Regards
    Vidya

2. pnirmala

pnirmala New IL'ite

Hi Bhavana,
    I am Nirmala -living in Collegeville, (close to Philadelphia,PA) area. I am married and been in collegeville area for the past 2 years. Nice to meet everyone here.
    Btw, I am from Tamilnadu(close to Chennai)
    Regards,
    Nirmala

3. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

hello all

I am smitha vikram and i reside in lafayatee in king of prussia area which is about 40 minutes from the philly city.

I am married and moved here last july. My husband works for GSK and We are from chennai. I work close to home.

bye

4. cmoorthy

cmoorthy New IL'ite

Hi

Is anyone living in and around downtown Philadelphia?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  5. Dilchahtahai

Dilchahtahai Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I am posting here though we are not exactly in Philly. We live in Newark, De which is about 30 miles from Philly. We have been here for about 8 years. We are originally from North India. Both me and my hubby are punjabies. We have a 15 month old son.
    Would love to meet more people on this site..
    Thanks,
    Richa

6. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I too like Kamla Mam, stay this side of the Bridge which falls under New jersey. So phily for me is approx 5-6 miles from my place.

Nice to meet so many people from Phily here. Vidhya u had mentioned about some Tamil associations.... can u get me some more details on that. I am intrested in joining one. Me being very new to this place doesn't have much contacts and friends.

Vaidehi

7. Sri2007

Sri2007 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I live in Plymouth Meeting which is some 30 miles from Phili and 10-15 miles from KOP Mall.I work in IT field for a company in Blue Bell.
    Came to US 6 yrs before. I am basically from TamilNadu.
    Take care
    Sri

8. sanyogita

sanyogita New IL'ite

Hi, everyone
    :help

i am sanyogita. Basically i am from pune, my hubby works for a IT company and his next project is in Lansdale, Pennsylvania. The company will take care of the acomodation for only 15 days, then he will have to look accomodation.
    And as it a a completely new place, i am a bit worried about him regarding the accomodation, grocery and transport.
    I have checked thur google and have found 2 hotels. [comfort inn, Hatsfield motel,and some king,s ...something or that sort.bonk

So, if anyone of you all could help me in this regard i will be very thankful and he might have to leave by the 1st or 2nd week of April.

Regards:help

9. kika

kika Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    we are moving to Exton , PA next month, very soon. Would like to know which apartments are good near by that area.

would like to live in an indian community which is active socially.

10. sainirav

sainirav New IL'ite

Hi,
    We are planning to reloacate to PA. We are looking for apartments in one of the following areas - Blue Bell, Exton, Malvern or Downingtown. I have a 4 year old daughter and want to know which school district is good and any idea as where the Indian community is concentrated. It would be of great help if any of you can let me know some info.
    Thanks
    Nirmala