PF (Employee Provident Fund) Information

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by leelal, Mar 24, 2013.

1. sashasri

sashasri New IL'ite

Hi thanks for your explanations regarding PF. What kinds of loans can I take from PF? Suppose I am getting 10000 as basic can I contribute for the whole amount or is it limited to certain amount?

2. ranipatel08

ranipatel08 New IL'ite

I think you will get loan on certain amount and not on actual amount of employee provident fund and also need to pay interest which will be lesser than other institutions.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
  3. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

No Rani the loans granted by EPF are non-refundable i.e. advances from our own contribution. There are certain purposes for which these advances are granted viz kids` post matriculation education, dependent siblings`/children`s marriage, housing, medical, lock out, flood advance etc., There are eligibility conditions too. Yes Sashasri you can contribute for 12% or more for the whole 10000/-

4. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Thank You LGirish for the detailed responses.

Your response has clarified my queries.

5. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

Nice to know that you got the info you were looking for. do feel free to ask any other doubts friends.

6. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

hi,

my hubby was worked in a company 6 months, then he went to abroad.. now he is in Abroad...can v claim the PF for 6 months?? how can v do it bcz my hubby is not now in Chennai??Thanks in advance...

7. smilealwayss

smilealwayss Gold IL'ite

Dear LGirish

It would be really help full if I could get your comments on my problem.

I left my teaching job last year (june 2012) . applied for the pf and after say 6- 7 months got my share of contribution. but now even after an year I did not get the employer share of the PF. at PF office they say some form 10 c was rejected and it has to be submitted by the college. I called many many times to the officer incharge but he always ends up saying stories that they are trying to settle it and he is busy and he is trying his best to help me ., and then after some days .... mam there is some signal problem .

my family says me to forget it as there are many private institutions who cheats like this with the pf amount and that they would never had put there contributions towards it. but it hurts that I have to leave my hard earned money.
    I wish to know:

1) if it is ever possible to get that share of my PF,

2) Is it possible to get that form 10 c and submit to the pf office ., if so what are the formalities?

LGirish after many days of feeling bad I almost tried hard to forget about it but suddenly stummbled upon this page and read ur replies ... so this post

look forward for your answer.

8. revathysiva

revathysiva Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I worked in a Co for 10+ years.

I have got only one portion of my PF account settled for the rest I have been given a certificate that I will get pension after I reach 50 or 58 years of age

Is there any way to claim this amount also as I am inneed of money

Pls let me knw

regards

9. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

Your husband has to fill 2 forms known as Form 19 and 10C for settlement and get the forms attested by his ex-employer. He can download the forms online and send to his ex-employer. At present there is no facility for online submission of forms. He can give his NRI account or a joint SB A/c(only with spouse) maintained in India for getting amount. If he had worked for less than 6 months he is not eligible for withdrawal benefit(Form 10C). Only his EPF accumulations would be paid to him.

10. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

hi smilealways,

Before answering your question I want to know certain things. How long did you work with your ex-employer? Did you find out why your Form 10C was rejected? Form 10C is used for withdrawal benefit or Scheme Certificate. If you have rendered less than 10 years service you are eligible for withdrawal benefit. (i.e. you get a certain amount depending on length of service and last wages drawn). If you opt for scheme certificate you can accumulate your service in subsequent employment and get full pension at the age of 58 with atleast 10 yrs service. You can find the status of your claim online. The employer share(3.67% of wages) is paid alongwith your EPF settlement. Find out what the exact problem with Form 10C. You can resubmit form 10C with the attestation of your ex-employer. If you are not able to find the claim status pl PM me. I shall try to find out.