1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Perspective

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Feb 15, 2018.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So true BhumiBabe. I only wonder whether a baby is ever aware of time. Is it a very long time for the infant or is it a blissful state of timelessness?

2. satchitananda

So true Lakshmi. This is just how I feel. It is all a matter of perspective.

jskls likes this.
  3. satchitananda

The luxury of not having to prove anything to anyone is what makes life so enjoyable. Which means life is not so bad after all. It is what we as a species make of it in the initial years that sucks the joy out of living and makes it a drudgery - school, homework, competition, college, rank, placements, competition, getting married, 'adjusting' to people, chores to the exclusion of life, proving oneself, ..... But then that is what brings security to our lives in middle age ..... without the financial comforts and security, would we really be able to put our feet up and say enough is enough, I can now finally LIVE?

4. satchitananda

So well put, Geeta. I see the truth of your statement "we have lots to give ....." even at work where one's colleagues are a decade or two younger than oneself. Even if one is still capable of having fun, one is not included in all the jokes and fun that others have. That is the law of life, I guess..... we may not feel that old, but the way the younger generation perceives us would naturally be different.

5. satchitananda

Thanks Monika. I am not so sure about the growing years. Perhaps some enjoy it, but I always remember the desire to grow up first and the craving for autonomy. Even as a kid, I hated having to toe the line and having to 'obey' and do things I did not want to do. So I don't exactly remember childhood as being a very happy time. The pain of being born a rebel.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. satchitananda

Yes, indeed. How is that possible? Left to myself, I don't look at a clock or a calendar. My time is measured in terms of people arriving, leaving, myself going to work, coming back ..... at the end of each day's work, the strong feeling of 'one more day over'. But I do have to look at the clock to ensure I get to work on time. Once there, it is again on auto-pilot. Even if I forget time, my students will remind me that it is time to shut up and let them go! :p

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. satchitananda

Love the way you have analyzed the way experiences change and as usual you have presented it 'as only you can'. (That expression brings back memories of Kamalji!) I am amazed at how similarly we see the world in this matter. It is comforting to know that I am not alone and am not in the process of losing my mind (something I live in dread of these days!) Thanks a ton for that lovely feedback Iravati.

8. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Viswa. I agree with you, young people these days are so capable and so keyed into all that happens. When I hear kids talking, I am often torn between 2 distinct feelings - on one hand I feel that children have lost their innocence, on the other I marvel at how intelligent they are and how stupid and gullible we were at that age.

You have really made my day by offering me the IL Watson. :) I treasure it more than I would 10 Nobel prizes.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  9. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Dear satchi,
    Guess we all see the world in our own perspectives, thinking it is different....
    As we age, so does our thinking and perspective about many things change.
    All i love to do now is, cook eat and give love to my family and friends, write whenever possible....
    Life is so fragile and unpredictable.... day by day everything is same yet it’s different....

10. satchitananda

Very true Nandini. The ability to accept ourselves for what we are, the ability to live to please ourselves is what makes life so much more enjoyable. Maybe we need to realize this and extend that right to younger generations without pushing them to prove themselves, to live 'for us' and to have to constantly compete with others. How nice if everyone could enjoy every moment of life throughout.

Thyagarajan and nandinimithun like this.