Personnel Management:

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, May 10, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Birundha,
    Your F B is too flattering !
    Let us all thank God for giving us a common platform in the form of I L !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Dear Gayathri,
    Thankyou for the prompt F B.
    Well, this is such a vast subject - but I do have limitations as well !
    All the time, we think about what others would think of us. It is our weakness if we take the opinion of others as a basis of our judgement of ourselves.
    Let us understand that we are as much worth as we value ourselves. Yu are valuable to the extent you respect yourself, to the extent you have some dignity, some self-esteem about yourself.Your self esteem manifests itself in all your perceptions, decisions & actions. So, to command respect you must discover your self-worth.
    You have already started the session, Gayathri !
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Dear Aishu,
    Thanks for joining the F B s!
    It is very important that you care for the peson whom you want to manage. Even if we are managing a machine, we have to take good care of it. Every person has to be won and you cannot win people by demand. It is your care that makes the other person work for you ! Care is not just economic consideration; it is something that comes from an individual.Management certainly involves a number of things, but most important is the benign care for the other person working for you.
    You , as an I T professional, are sure to be more aware of these things, Aishu !
    Love,
    Chithra.

quote=aishu22;63468]Dear chithra,
    Great Write up.Must and Much needed for an IT Professional like me. Most Managers in IT do not know how to manage his/her team.It finally results in higher attrition rate. Productivity is proportianally reduced due to this.
    Managing House is all the more difficulty since its relatives that you manage and even small things blow big if any word goes wrong.I'm carefully using my words if my In laws are there at home since it instigates a mis understanding in a spur of a second.

Well penned and beautiful quote from Gita. I have been listening to Vellukudi Krishnanas Gita upaniyasam in Podhigai for a month(Mid - March , April).

Thank you for the write up.[/quote]

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

I read this article with interest .....so many valid points and thoughts.....managing oneself is of course foremost ....and the way you have built up the topic to say that when we manage oneself, we will be able to manage our relationship with others too, great thoughts .....
    Thanks Chitra, mayny a time i have felt better after reading your posts....keep them coming!:2thumbsup:

5. Chitvish

Dear Sudha,
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    I always feel, everyone is a manager and management is involved everywhere, whether one occupies a managerial position or not !
    That prompted me to write this post !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chitra,
    Let me begin saying all your management courses are very interesting and worth reading several times. It does not seem abstract at all and to some extent seems very practical.
    This week these lines caught my attention.
    The Gita describes anger as an enemy sitting in your own heart. An angry man is vulnerable. We must recognise that anger is a bad management and we must gain power over anger. If you recognise that you have no power over anger, pray to God to grant you serenity, composure and the poise to deal with situations objectively.
    This seems very true these days as I have noticed that people seem to be fed up even with simple things in life and that manifests as anger very quickly, leading to all stress related diseases. I loved the above lines very much. How to contain your anger,very true to its core.Sorry for all these ramblings.
    Love,

7. Chitvish

Dear Radha,
    Thankyou very much for the F B.
    Though the lines you quote are very true, that is possible only with a lot of self-will ! For that we need to pray to God more & more !
    Love,
    Chithra.
    Now that your F B has also come, only Kamla's need to come ??!!

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

I missed this post. But that is no surprise these days as I am not able to spend as much time I want to on line and seem to miss out on many things:(

But better late than never. This is another gem from you. Many of us may not be corporate managers, but hey, do we all not run a corporate of our own... the most important of them all...our own home?:) Very true, you need to perfect your home first before you set out to conquer the world...so the saying goes. In turn, you need to manage yourself first before you even think of managing the others.

Nice one.

L, Kamla

9. Chitvish

Dear Kamla,
    I thank God first for making you take note of this thread ! You are perhaps the only person who has "fed me back" without fail, for all culture threads !
    Yes, the home is the most complicated organisation to manage & we are on duty all the time, all our life ! We learn so much, correcting ourselves in the process, rather adapting ourselves to so many factors !
    I strongly feel, an efficient housewife is an excellent personnel manager !
    Thanks for joing me here, Kamla !
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Another beautiful post.
    so many wonderful lines - all true to the core.
    I do sometimes feel women are good at management - whether its personnel, financial, or ............. Like you said, we do start this managing process very soon in life and running a home isn't as easy as it seems... and sure any lady will understand the golden words that you've sprinkled all over the post.

Love & regards,