Periods Not Yet Stopped Also Having Pain

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Iamashdua, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Iamashdua

Iamashdua New IL'ite

Hi,

I am a new member and i realy need a help or suggestion with my case . I am tring to conceive and dr. Has given me primolut n tab to delay my period .. for 21 days (1 per day ). After taking for 13 days i got my periods. Its mild but with pain ... so dr. Told me to stop taking and put me on mala n . Bt ts day 8 today n my blreding havent stopped and i have muld pain as well . Anyone knows y is it and can anyone help me out. Is it anything serious issue . I am tensed

2. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

Dear op, I don't know about having prolonged periods, other posters can put in here. I just would like to add that have iron supplements so you don't become anemic and Calcium(milk - 2 cups a day, curd etc) to replace mineral loss while menstruation. have a healthy diet.

3. Iamashdua

Iamashdua New IL'ite

Tx fr ur comment

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Iamashdua - I've moved your thread to the TTC forum. Hope you get answers from here.
    I encourage you to talk to your doctor about this as well.

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

First, why you are given tablet to delay periods while in TTC?
    Hope you have discussed with your doc on the extended periods.
    Take care.

6. MKeerthi

MKeerthi Bronze IL'ite

@Iamashdua

As per my doctor say If you taken primolut tablet and left it for 48 hours you are tend to get periods, it just kind of initiating the process which does not happening on its own.Normally she gives me this to Induce periods as its not on routine. While you already in TTC why you delayed your periods? and taking Mala- N is just for making your cycle on track, this needs to be taken at least for 3 cycles for keeping it on track. and You should start in on your 5th day (As per my gyno suggestions) and you should not miss even single pill in this, if you are not maintaining the continuity you may see the bleeding, these issues happened to me as well.Please have it as soon as you remember But you are taking it on right time and still its getting bleeding you should inform your doctor and check for CBC test, IF you are anemic then none of the hormone tablets works.
    Also please dont get tensed on this, it will affect the cycle.

Its purely from my total experience on these tablet, human errors and my gyno suggestion. If any thing is wrong or mislead, please let me know to correct

Thanks