1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Periods For 20 Days And More

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by nosheen, Feb 27, 2017.

1. nosheen

nosheen New IL'ite

Hi,

After delivery, I was on heavy breast feeding. Once I stopped breast feeding, I got my 1st cycle of 12 days in Nov 2016, after 1 year of delivery. It was normal red color. After that in Dec'16 and Jan'17 nothing but some spotting and some brown discharge was there but no proper flow was there.

Now I got my periods on 3 Feb 2017 and it is still going on till this day. At first they were heavy for 10 -12 days after that the flow has reduce. It comes 2-3 times a day at irregular interval.

Is it normal? Does this happens after pregnancy?
    I am not in India right now and here I dont know any good gyn. What should I do?

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

@nosheen , this happened to me. I got periods for more than a month after my condition of still birth. I got ayurvedic treatment in india. Now ok. But it took time for me to stop bleed. Please dont ignore. See a good gynaec wherever you stay. This condition should need attention but it is not dangerous. this can be made alright if it can be seen at the right time. book for an appointment today itself to avoid further delay.

3. sabashahid

sabashahid New IL'ite

Yes many people go through this its not that normal but if you are worried about it you should see a doctor.

4. kavithas2217

kavithas2217 Bronze IL'ite

@nosheen - each case is different, so it is better that you look for a good gyn and consult her ASAP. It could a normal flow or there could be any hidden issues, so it is always advisable to consult a gyn and get the tests done. take care.

5. nosheen

nosheen New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

My cycle went on for 30 days and then stopped.
    Thanks for your support.

6. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Hi, I went thru similar experience too after my delivery. No periods for months or wen it came, it felt like it wud never stop. It was a scary experience for me n I was freakin out. Then my hubby dragged me to a gyne n she gave medicines. That's wen d normal flow started.

I think for some of us, our body gets confused after d delivery n it jus needs to be set bak again. N for that we need help, medical, herbal, Ayurveda, whichever.. but u Shud c a professional for getting ur normal periods cycle from now on.