Periods 5 Th Day Bath.

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by EagerForInfo, Aug 16, 2019.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Hello

I was unable to do hair wash on 5 th day of periods. But did on 4th day and 6th day as i was unable to do on 5th day. My mom does not have this custom by my in laws don’t allow to do pooja if u don’t wash ur hair on the 5th day. Now my question is since I washed my hair on the 6th day can I still participate in vrathas. As this month is full of poojas and vrathas ??

Feeling bad for missing out on such events due to negligence. ( we were in a rush to go to a party in the morning so didn’t do hair wash ).

Any remedies?? So I can perform poojas. Or is it sufficient since I performed head bath on 6 th day. ??

2. PurpleRoses

PurpleRoses Finest Post Winner

Which era are you living? Wakeup. Its 2019 almost ending in 4months!
    I respect traditions but you need not be blind in it.
    You washed your hair on 4th day that's more than enough.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

My family is extremely orthodox even in my mom's generation and we only wash hair on 4th day. Then you're good to go. I've never heard of 5th day , 6th day etc.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  4. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Its ok. Perform all ur poojas n vrathas.

5. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

I wouldnt even care to think about this if I dont live with the people who cares about all this.

Sandyr46 likes this.
  6. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

7. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

It is for self satisfaction. Whatever I do I want to do correctly. What is the use of doing all this vrats and poojas if you have violated some rules.. Anyways thank you for all your replies. Most of my friends also have this custom of 5th day hair washing but feeling embarrassed to ask even though my mom does not have the custom of washing on 5th day.

8. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

If the objective is to maintain hygiene, why don't we take bath everyday ( both body and hair wash). Then we dont have to worry about any particular day and get full satisfaction,especially when there is no water problem in USA. Its my thought that its high time to stop worrying about these things in 21st century when we are able to take care of hygiene very well.

shreepriya likes this.