1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

~*~*~* Periavangay sonna perumal sonna maadhiri *~*~*~

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sharadha, Mar 21, 2009.

1. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

We always wonder whenever elders voice out their opinion when we are busy discussing something. When we hear them, we feel that they dont know things practically now and jus' talk for the sake of it and loose our temper :bang

When we see practically happen, we realize how true the elders' words are. Here's a happening which suffices...

It was a week day & my hubby was off to office, my son off to school. When I was about to finish my household chores, I got a message from one of my friend in Doha. I believed that the morning was fine until i started speaking with her.

The message spoke "can u come online immediately??". I guessed something was serious and went online to catch up with her. She called me for a video chat and wanted to narrate an incident that took place the previous evening. Almost 45 minutes passed, she burst out crying !! I didn't know how to control her as i myself was in a state of shock when she completed narrating the actual happenings.

It goes like this. My friend's family along with other friends (around 4 families excluding theirs) had gone for a picnic to a place called Messaid. This place is full of sand dunes and the beach on the other side..quite famous in Doha. Its a favorite hang out spot for families in the weekends. There were small and big buggies to climb on top on these sand dunes (Sample picture of a buggy). One of the ladies was enthusiastically calling all other ladies to climb with her in one of the big buggy. In the first round my friend joined in the buggy and came back.

For the second round the lady had taken her son along with another friend's son. Both the children were of the same age. They enjoyed a wonderful ride, and when they were about to get down from the buggy to give way for a few other kids. Suddenly, out of the blue, they were severely hit by another big buggy from behind. The buggy from behind was driven by two adolescent boys. The moment the buggy in the front got hit, all the three were thrown out. The lady had an air line fracture in the neck with some bruises all over. Her son too was hurt but nothing serious. To the shock of everyone the other friend's son was severely injured. He suffered a serious injury in the head with blood all over. The injury caused the boy to fall unconscious. Immediately, the ambulance was called and he was taken to one of the best hospitals in Doha. My friend fainted on seeing the boy in a pool of blood.

After this incident, the boy was in coma for almost a month. With the best treatment given by the hospital, and the prayers of each and everyone, the boy came out of coma. As the injury was on the head, the boy was not able to recognize his parents and his friends too, for more than a month.

Friends, all of you can imagine the state of the parents at this point of time, and also the families who were in the picnic. After continuous treatment he was able to recognize his parents and his friends slowly. With the doc's consent they started bringing him home once a week for him to bring back his memories. Gradually he got better but the sad part was when they discovered that the boy couldn't remember how to walk. It was so sad to see the parents take him in a pram and teaching him daily how to walk. We had spread the news to all our friends, so that many carry out group prayers. Prayers of everyone, got the boy back to life from a near death situation. Its sure that, he would become completely normal like before, by god's grace...

Some of our elders used to advise that its not a good idea to take the other's kids with us. We think that the elders dont know the art of socializing. Alas, the elders' experience teach that if at all we land in trouble it goes and resides with us as we are responsible for others kids..

The lady who drove the buggy got over her physical injury after the treatment but never ever she was able to recover from the mental agony. She lost her happiness completely because of the guilt inside her. Even tho' she wasn't responsible for the incident, but still blamed herself as she took the boy in the buggy.

The happiness in the whole building came to a grinding halt after this incident. None of them are ready to send their children even to their neighbours' houses. The boy's family vacated the apartment cos they felt that the thoughts would keep tormenting them.

On hearing all the happenings, or whenever I think about this incident, I feel that its always better to follow elders' advises. Like the ol' tamil saying that goes, "Udhavi-a illenaalum ubaththravamaa irukka kudaadhu" i.e. "If you dont want to render help, atleast dont render trouble"

...and once again proves the proverb "periavangay sonna perumal sonna maadhiri" i.e. "If elders advise, its like the advise of God" :bowdown

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear shruthi,
    a nice and thought provoking post from you. i can visualize the lady's pathetic condition, when that boy was seriously injured. but sometimes we have to lend a helping hand. thank GOD, the boy survived . it will take time for both the parties to recover. hope time will bring the happiness and unity in the apartment. even if we are careful , things like this happen. nice post.
    with love
    amma.

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi sharadha,

nice to see u again..so your MIL brought u back ,is it:)

a very sad incident really but like u said better to be careful than repent later..

i am just thinking of an incident some two years back we had gone on the star cruise with 3 or 4 families...last minute my friends mother was sick so they dropped out but asked us whether her son could go with us...while all my other friends thought i was taking a big responsibility and that i should have refused i never felt like that since he was a grown up boy of 10 years...but he was quite naughty sharadha and now i am thanking my stars that nothing happened ...

love
    Mindi

4. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Shruthi,

I was :shock: and :cry: after reading this incident!!

I endorse every word you've written, especially taking responsibility of others' children.

I really feel sad for the lady and the boy since she is bearing the guilt for no fault of hers and he is still recovering from such a big turmoil.

In a split second, accidents happen and relationships crumble!! How true but very bitter to face.

This is the main reason I make doubly sure when I pick up my son's friends. I always call their parents and confirm whether it is alright with them. Also, once in the car, I keep checking whether they have their seat belts on and are comfortable.

We always hope for the best and think positive. But God forbid, if something happens, we cannot live with the guilt.

Thanks for sharing this here Shruthi! We need to be extra cautious, alert and protective when we take care of our children or our friends.

Love
    Krithi

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sharadha
    First I must say I am happy to see you and Krithi and amma here. Its a nice warm feeling.
    You have said very well about a very important fact which many of us tend to overlook.
    It was very sad to note the turn of events. Thanks for writing about it here and making us more aware.
    I am also guilty of not listening to my parents when they try and help but later on realise its for my own good.
    Do keep writing dear.. you three are awesome:)

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Shruthi,
    It is really a sad incident indeed...I am feeling sorry for that woman who rode the buggy..
    Will pray for that boy to come to normal..

We get to know the wordings of our elders to be true, only after experiencing or reading or hearing such incidents..
    Old is gold, always..

sriniketan

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shruti

Feel sad for the lady and that boy. Hope he gets better soon. Ya in young age we dont listen to our elder's advice , later when we experience only we feel bad that we did not listen to them. We should be careful with other's children.

love
    viji

8. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sharadha,

I really feel very sorry for that and lady and the child :cry:. I can really understand how guilty she must be feeling.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Whenever we take care of other's children, we should understand that how cautious we should be. Eventhough, whatever happens is not there in our hand, we will definitely feel guilty if anything goes wrong.

All of us whoever read this post will definitely pray to GOD for that boy's speedy recovery.

Regards,

Raji

9. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

hi sharada,

the picnic place is very risky and for youngsters very enjoyable one. some 6 months back we visited the place with our friends. but the drivers are very talented . but our heartbeat is.........cant imagine.........feel very sorry for that woman. pray god for the boy\s normal condition. sometimes youngsters feel old is gold.

regards,

raji

10. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

sharada,
    It is really a sad incident.
    Will pray for that boy to come to normal..
    we dont listen elder's advice...such incident happened.,later when we experience only we feel bad ...