1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect Solutions to all the hair problems

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by gulshansherbal, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halloweenangel

halloweenangel New IL'ite

thanx

hi latha,

i jus bought kesavardhini after seeing ur comments....let me try how it works on my hair

Thanks,
    Minnie

2. kavinarayan

kavinarayan Bronze IL'ite

Is my pattern correct?

Hi i have a medium to long hair and my hair is silky and thin by nature....so if i oil it and go out it becomes very greasy..cos of this i oil my hair in the night and wash it in the morning....i mix ashwini hair oil with Bringraj oil from biotique and use it on my hair when i have oil bath with shikkakai powder...this is twice a week..i leave it over night....all the other days i apply keokarpin on my hair and leave it for 1/2 to 1 hour and wash it with shampoo...is this pattern iam following correct..some of my friends say that this will lead to hair fall later..advise needed on this..

thank you
    kavi

3. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

neelibringadi oil

Hi,
    I have heard a lot about this neelibringadi oil,is this differnt than the neelibringadi thailam??
    do anybody know where we can get in US?

thanks
    smartgrl

4. mailmepets

mailmepets New IL'ite

Remedies for hair problems

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=880 border=0><TD vAlign=top>Ladies,I would like to share few informations about hair care.

For Dandruff
    • Massage the with pure coconut oil. This will also help for growth of hair.
    • Apply coconut oil which has been boiled with small onions. Wash it off with a mixture of green gram powder and water drained from cooked (boiled) rice.
    • Apply a mixture of almond oil and gooseberry juice with finger tips on the scalp.
    • Apply the warm mixture of olive oil, lemon juice and coconut oil. Do a steam -towel- wrap for 15 minutes and wash the hair with a shampoo.
    • Apply a paste of fenugreek and mustard to the scalp.
    • Mix Shikakai powder with the water drained from the cooked rice and wash the hair with it.
    • Crush the leaves of five petal hibiscus flower and take the juice. Wash the hair with this juice.
    • Heat the oil with a little camphor. Apply the oil in the scalp and massage for 10 minutes. After 30 minutes wash the hair with a shampoo. Do the steam -towel- wrap for 15 minutes.
    For Healthy and Shiny hair
    • It is better to apply castor oil for a healthy growth of hair.
    • Wash hair with tea once in a week.
    • Apply besan in the hair and wash it with water drained from the cooked rice.
    • Soak a handful of gooseberry in a cup of milk for two hours. Make it as a paste and apply in the hair.
    • Apply the mixture of an egg white, 2 spoon of castor oil, 1 spoon glycerin, in the scalp and hair. Wash it after some time.
    • Massage hair with warm coconut oil an hour before washing. Let it soak. Cover your head with a hot towel and wash your hair after an hour or so.
    • Boil a few hibiscus flowers in coconut oil. Filter and use this hair oil to control and thinning.
    • Do a 'steam-towel-wrap' once in a while, if your cuticles are damaged, as this steaming opens out the pores and absorbs the oil.
    • Deep condition with curd, beer and egg.
    • Mix a little vinegar in warm water and rinse your hair with this solution. This will add bounce to dull and lifeless hair.
    • Soak 1 teaspoon fenugreek in curd and keep it for a night. Have it in the next morning.
    • Boil coconut oil with the juices of curry leaves, basil, hibiscus flower and gooseberry. Apply on hair, keep it for sometime and rinse.
    • Egg white and curd is a good conditioner for hair.
    • Take a cup of coconut and mustard oils. Soak half a cup of curry leaves in the oil mixture and keep it for a night. Next morning, heat on a slow fire till the curry leaves turn crisp. Remove from heat and add two to three camphor balls. Allow oil to cool and then strain. Apply oil to hair roots using cotton wool along the parting and massage in circular movements. Leave the oil overnight and shampoo the next morning. Repeat twice a week.
    • Add a lemon to a 'shikakai' and 'amla' mixture while washing your hair.
    For Graying
    • Take a little Mehandi , an egg, juice of half a lemon, one table spoon of instant coffee powder. Mix it together and apply on the hair. Wash it after 45 minutes.
    • Boil one cup of dried gooseberry with 4 cups of water. Add a pinch of sugar in it. Keep boiling till the quantity of the liquid reduces to one cup. Mix 2 cups of Mehendi, an egg, juice of a lemon and the gooseberry solution and apply on hair. Wash the hair after two hours.
    <TD vAlign=top align=right width=125 bgColor=#ffffff>

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  5. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

Re: Remedies for hair problems

dear devi

thanks for the hair care tips

6. Haasinii

Haasinii Bronze IL'ite

Re: Remedies for hair problems

Devi

Thank you for these tips.....

7. richass

richass Bronze IL'ite

How to achieve and maintain a healthy head of beautiful hair??

How to achieve and maintain a healthy head of beautiful hair. Hair SOS
    Three main things are needed for a good-looking head of hair - - good health, cleanliness, and caution when using treatments like dyes and bleach.
    Diet
    Hair growth depends on an diet. diet problem which causes loss of hair is iron deficiency Anaemia. diet containing too little meat, eggs, cereals or peas and beans may trigger this. Fresh fruits and vegetables are needed to give vitamin C.
    <!-- end main --><!-- begin third column --><STYLE type=text/css><!--.style2 { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold;}--> </STYLE><!-- begin table -->

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  8. goodu

goodu New IL'ite

How to care for curly hair........

Living with Curly Hair

If you decide that this is too much hassle and you would like to try and simply adapt to the curls, then you need to find a hairdresser who will help you choose a style that is easy to maintain and doesn't involve a lot of styling, so that your hair is less likely to frizz due to heat. If you choose a layered style, then make sure they are not cut in with a razor as this encourages split ends. You will have to go back to the hairdresser regularly to get rid of dead ends though, or else your style will lose shape.
    Washing Curly Hair

Some stylists say that if you have curly hair you shouldn't wash it everyday as the natural oils from your scalp are good for keeping frizz at bay. If however you do not like the feeling of leaving the house with unwashed hair, then either wash it everyday regardless, or on non washing days why not try just wetting it and adding some conditioner. If you do wash it everyday, then at least try not to use the hair dryer on it excessively as this dries it out. When conditioning the hair, make sure you use a good one as keeping your hair well moisturised will give your curls definition and not frizz.
    Stop Frizzy Hair

Another way of keeping frizz at bay is to avoid combing your hair when dry - do it with your fingers while it is still wet to get rid of tangles, or use a wide toothed comb. Styling products can also leave residue, so try to use salon recommended ones with little buildup, or else your hair will be even harder to care for.

9. Siamesecats40

Siamesecats40 New IL'ite

Trying to Grow Long Hair

I was wondering if any of you do anything special with your hair to grow it long? My hair is above bra strap level, but below shoulders. I want to grow it to at least hip level, but maybe to knees. I am over 40 so does age matter? I color my hair too. Only my roots for now. I don't wash it but maybe 2 x per week tops. I have indian hair oils that I am using so will that make it grow faster? And I take a lot of vitamins. Thanks for your replies.

10. bujji_1522

bujji_1522 Silver IL'ite

Tips for hair growth for curly type hair

My hair is of curly type. its kind of soft curls. Can you suggest me any food items or any oils tht help me in growing my hair. Thanks in advance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.