1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pepsi - Cola Ads on Indian TV

Discussion in 'TV' started by Jasmine, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine New IL'ite

Ads shown by all TV channels for the Pepsi and Coca cola soft drinks should be banned. The big movie stars such as Aamir Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Shahrukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra should refrain from doing such ads and promoting the product which is dangerous to our health. Pepsi and coca cola are so popular due to all these advertisements that children drink nothing but Pepsi and cola. They just dont want to dring orange juice or apple juice or milk. The harmful pesticides are very dangerous for our and our children's health. Big Stars should realize and avoid promoting such products.

2. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

Soft drink used as pesticide by farmer

I saw the discussion on NDTV hosted by Barkha Dutt that farmers use Coca cola and Pepsi as pesticides in their farms! I am not sure how true is it but its worth giving a thought we drink Pepsi and Coke which otherwise are used to kill pests in farms...hmmm

3. Nagma

Nagma New IL'ite

Worms and Pesticides

With Amitabh Bachchan endorsing Cadburys brand which had worms in the chocolates and Shahrukh Khan endorsing Pepsi which has pesticides, Children may be adivised to eat Cadbury chocolate which has worms and drink Pepsi over it to get pesticides to kill those worms? Right???

4. savideva

savideva New IL'ite

colas

Dear Jasmine, Julie , Maria and Nagma,
    I endorse your views on cola and pepsi, completely. Instead of helping the soft drink companies to sell pesticides and spoil our future generation's health, Govt. should impose a ban on them.:x We want our kids to be healthy and intelligent and not addicted to harmful pesticides!?
    Thanks for posting your messages ladies!
    Savithri

5. Jasmine

Jasmine New IL'ite

Hey Savithri,

Thanks for your message. Yes, we all want the future generation to be healthy and cheerful with intelligence rather than being weak and addicted. I wish some big Movie stars like Shahrukh Khan and Aamir Khan also endorse healty products like Milk, Apples, Vegetables. Such big movie stars should think of doing some socially good endorsing rather than just endorsing harmful products just because they pay big money!

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Aamir Khan's ad

Dear Jasmine and all others,

I just saw your posts regarding the pesticides in Pepsi and Cola. Have you seen the latest ad of Aamir's??

He has gone and visted one CocoCola company and is giving advice to everyone that cola drinking will not hurt anyone.

Whether it is full of pesticides are not, it is bad for the stomach, which has been proved without doubt. When we breathe out Carbon-Di-Oxide from our body as an unwanted thing, why should we drink it in the form of aerated soft drinks. The gas which is in these drinks is nothing but Carbondioxide.

Not only Pepsi and Cola , all the soft drinks which are aereated are bad for health. They eat away the stomach linings and create gas and then acidity and then ulcers... Like that it goes.

So please do not encourage children to drink these and encourage them to go for Milk shakes and fresh fruit juices.

Regards
    Latha :wave