People who have returned back please mark your attendance!!!

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by Shanvy, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vidu,

i am sure lot of people are in the yo-yo..to or not to..so all these experiences and discussions should help is my POV.

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanvy,

I wanted to vent out my feelings towards R2I and being an NRI. Happy to know that there are so many sailing in the same boat. I have just posted a new thread with pros and cons that I felt. If you think its apt to be merged with this post, kindly feel free to do it.

1. where you returned from. - USA
    2. when did you return.. - Early 2008
    3. where are you settled - Chennai
    4. is it your hometown. - No
    5. how well have you adjusted as a family - Family wise no difference as we lived away from parents and in-laws
    6. did you return with a job (if working), if so how do you like working in india - Horrible. That's the main thing that pushed us back from India.
    7. how is to come back and be part of the extended family if you are not living in a joint family. - N/A
    8. how old are your kids if you have kids and how do they like india/or the place you are back to. - N/A
    9. Are you happy with the decision of returning back. if no what is the issue?? - Wanted to feel happy, but Work stood in the way.

ILT

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ILT,

Hugs. will reply in the other thread too. that is one of the reasons a few of my friends are hesitating to return back. you know the pity is when people who just go out for 6months/ 1 year find it difficult to acclimatise here..and i am sure others who are out for more than a decade do need to tread with caution and lot of plan..and that is the purpose of this thread.

may be i should have added the number of years they were outside india too.

4. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

1.where you returned from.
    Columbus,OH,USA.

2. when did you return..
    Myself and the Kids returned on June 2010,My Husband returned on Apr 2011

3. where are you settled
    Chennai

4. is it your hometown.
    No

5. how well have you adjusted as a family
    So Far so good.

6. did you return with a job (if working), if so how do you like working in india
    No .I am from Madurai,My husband is from chennai

7. how is to come back and be part of the extended family if you are not living in a joint family.
    My inlaws are close to our place,We visit them frequently.

8. how old are your kids if you have kids and how do they like india/or the place you are back to.
    My elder one is 5 years old and younger one is 2 years old.They like to stay nearby with grandparents and enjoying themselves

9. Are you happy with the decision of returning back. if no what is the issue??
    Yes.It was little bit difficult in the beginning,but got used to hotter weather ,traffic and many things.

10.Number of years outside India?
    7 and half years