1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Pennsylvania ladies ..Help !!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Pennsylvania' started by Rogo, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

Hi,

Is theer anybody living in pennsylvania in IL ? Heard abt the floods.
    Hope the areas you are staying are safe...

I dont know whether this is the right time to post such queries to you ppl but have nobody else to turn ...

We have planned to go to Pennsylvania(Hersheys,Amish Village,Longwood gardens) ,virgina for this long weekend (from Jul 1-Jul 3rd).
    We had booked all hotels everything and now we hear abt this floods.
    Some of my friends say that the places we have decided to go in Pennsylvania are safe and we wont have any issue in going there.
    I dont want to get stck up in heavy traffic or bad rains.
    This is the first time we are going out in US and I was excited abt it .
    We live in Long Island ,New York.

Can you pls let me know if it is safe to travel this weekend ?? or skip it ?
    Waiting eagerly for u r replies, as i have to cancel our arrangements before 24 hrs

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Rogo...

Dear Rogo,

The weather in Philadelphia and the surrounding area is very pleasant today. You are asking about some specific places and the weather conditions there. You also say that you have booked hotel accomodation in advance. Your best bet would be to call the respective hotels and check out with them about the local weather condition. Longwood gardens and Amish Village may have websites and phone numbers. Check them out and call them and get their advise. Also check out for weather conditions on the Weather Network. This would be safer for you. Best of luck and have a nice vacation.

L , Kamla

3. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Virginia update

Hi Rogo,
    I am not sure which part of VA you are travelling. Some parts of DC,VA and MD are flooded. Right now the forecast for VA is in 90's from July 1-July 3. Will be raining on the 4th. We were planning to visit NJ but re-thinking. These rains have really messed up the long weekend plans. Good luck

Bye,

4. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

Thanks !!!

Thanks a Lot Kamala !! I shall call up check out with them as you suggested.
    it is good idea ..I don’t know why it didn’t strike me ...

Thanks a lot Anjana !!!! I shall skip Virginia for this trip ...
    Which part of NJ were you planning to go ?? Because my SIL lives at Edision and they don’t have any floods ..it is nice ..only Trenton had some problems ...but they say it is better now and ppl are returning home

Have a great weekend all of you !!!

5. vanitha2006

vanitha2006 New IL'ite

It is really safe here. the places u want to visit are absolutely in such good state where the floods did not damage much. good to plan your long weekend vacation. Longwood gardens are beautiful to see. amish village is ok. if you are from india, you don't find it exciting. we have experienced in india all those small shops, popcorn places, sundae shops etc......it's not a place to hang out for the whole day for fun. unless you like the villages pretty much.

6. tanya1984

tanya1984 New IL'ite

Hi,

the weather is good and u dont have to worry .

You can have a safe journey