PCOS remedy :)

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by JustAni, Feb 5, 2009.

1. PPrasath

PPrasath Senior IL'ite

Blood test on CD3 is to study ur FSH and other harmones

prometrium 200mg will normally given to start ur periods
    Dont worry they will study ur hormonal levels and will decide on treatment if necessary.

Your BMI is in Normal range so eat freely.. just increase ur vegetable and fruits intake and please dont reduce any food intake..do have good workout routine..

Take care

2. oleenam

oleenam Junior IL'ite

thanks for ur reply..i already started walking daily for 30mins..

As I am from a diabetic family I feel myself insulin resistant..So thought to decrease carbohydydrate food and sugar..Anyway I havent reduced any food intake except sugary things..

3. sanjanaP

sanjanaP New IL'ite

Hi Ladies , I was also recently diagnosed with pcos , i had started getting lot of chin hair from past 1 yr , so visited doctor , she told me by diagnosing that i have a cysts in my ovary , its pcos , did other harmonal test also and told everything is normal except i have some cysts , I get my periods regularly except sometime 2-3 day delay will be there max , she told its one of symptom of pcos getting facial hairs called hirutism , she has prescribed me to take bcp diana 35 for 6 months and follow diet and exercise .
    Its been already 4 months i am taking bcp , i am doing workout threadmill for 45 min , avoid oil food and processed one but am not on completely diet . i am not finding significant change in chin hair , its same i have to remove once in 3-4 days it will grow so fast , has anyone is facing this chin hair problem , did u people try something to get rid of this ??
    In some sites have read women with hirutism condition can see changes if they drink spearmint herbal tea , on other hand some have mentioned it has side effects , has anyone tried this tea , have u find changes and is it safe ??

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  4. parvathyc09

parvathyc09 Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much ladies for this wonderful write up... I have pcos, and from today I will also start having fenugreek seeds powder .. :)

5. BhartiVihaan

BhartiVihaan New IL'ite

Hi Bambli,

Good to hear your inspiring story.
    My weight is little more, may be 5 kgs more.Now I'm 58 and my ideal weight should be 53.
    Loosing weight is not improving my PCOD which is very severe.
    I will not get my periods for months.Then finally I will have medicines prescribed by doctor.
    Kindly advice.

6. Manuammu

Manuammu New IL'ite

Hi all,

I too suffering from PCOd from last two years . I tried lot of diet even I stop to eat rice for six months only chapathi and ragi I had been taking and reduced 6 kilos .
    Now due to my work shift I am not able follow my diet again i my weight has been increased for 3 kilos .
    I am staying in pg I can't make cooking diet plz suggest me how can continue my diet.
    And my period is also not regularly happening I am just worring about this .
    Please someone help me on this .
    My height is 5.7 and weight is 79

Manu

Mkyj likes this.
  7. Sukhena

Sukhena New IL'ite

Hi there.I'm Sukhena from Chennai and new to this forum. Thank you so much for the wonderful informative post. After my miscarriage I was discovered with PCOS. I went to a lot of different doctors and clinics and spent a lot of money for my treatment and medicine. None of it worked. I never knew that fenugreek would work as a remedy in this. I am definitely going to try this. Judging by the replies above, I can safely assume that it's gonna work for me. I'm really hopeful about this.

8. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

I was having fenugreek for sometime.. But pls advice if we can consume when TTC?