1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

PCOS- Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by smileypriya, Dec 23, 2009.

Do you even know you have PCO?

1. I know and I am on a treatment plan.

50 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. I don't know if I do, but I am on METFORMIN/ Glyciphage medication.

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. I don't know but I do have symptoms. I may need to check with my gynaec.

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. I don't know

6 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. DishaSitholey

DishaSitholey New IL'ite

Re: Reg: poly cystic ovaries

Hi Priya,

I would like to talk to you, I am Amber a nutrition adviser and skin care consultant certified from NHI California and have been consulting for almost 6 years for Health , skin, hair and weight.

I only deal on nutrition.

Regards,
    -Amber

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
  2. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

hi getssmruti,

can you please tell me the name of the HOMEO medicine for reference??
    thanks

3. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hi Amber,

I have just started trying weight loss again... I am 24 years old and weigh 100 kgs... I have PCOS and just one ovary because of this. I suffer from vitiligo and bronchitis as well!.. I have a very irregular eating and sleeping habit. I tend to be up the full night as my job demands it from me. I have been trying to improve my timings however most of time i end up sleeping at around 6 in the morning and wake up in the afternoon....
    I am looking for any assistance for my food habits because i end up eating anything and everything and never conscious about my food. I have always been a plump child and with the medication of vitiligo i ended up putting on more weight..
    please help me find some solution for this issue as I really am looking to start trying to conceive but it is not safe if I am sooo overweight....
    My details:
    Height: 5.3
    Weight 100 kgs
    Ideal Weight : 60 Kilo's
    Targeted weight to loose : 40 kilos
    Expected duration : at the earliest so I can start trying for a baby...

Looing forward for your reply.. thanks a lot and God Bless u....

4. cutexkirti

cutexkirti New IL'ite

PCOS plz help

Hi
    I'm 23yr old unmarried girl.
    I have been diagnosed with pcos 2 yrs back. From past 1.5yrs i m on homeopathy treatment bt it is not showing any progress.

I still get irregular periods and even if i get them they are very scanty and hardly last for just 2 days. Yesterday i did sonography and found that my ovaries size has increased. Everythings getting screwed rather than good inspite of proper treatment.

I'm engaged with my fiancee & we are about to get married next yr. We meet every two months and have sex with and without protection. In past 1 yr i have taken i pill thrice even though we had unprotected sex while in my periods time.

Still today before and during my periods i still get unbearable pains in my pain in lower abdomen, thighs, ovaries, chest, hips, back and legs. And i end up crying.

I read on the net that pcos women are hard to conceive a baby and now i'm in depression for the future. Cant pcos be cured permanently? Should i change my treatment? What would have caused my matters to worsen even after treatment going on?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: PCOS plz help

Hi Cutex Kriti,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

PCOS can be cured with proper care. Many who had PCOS has successfully conceived with or without medical support. So, don't worry on it.

If you are over-weight, work on it. Reduce it with regular exercise & with proper diet.

If you are not checking your body with proper gynec, do it soon. Do blood work & scan over those reproductive organs. It will clear your path to future...
    Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  6. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi dear friends,

I was suffering from PCOS one and a half year back.Being an unmarried girl of 22 years I got shocked!!!I never heard of PCOs before.So I was totally ignorant of the relation between fitness and Pcos...I gained 10 kg in 8 months...So I was looking more matured than my age(some of my friends will say I am looking as if I have given birth to a baby)...Those days were depressing,whole day I will browsing in net about Pcos and will cry.Finally Doctors prescribed key hole surgery...That was done 1.5 Years before.From that date the doctor prescribed birth control pills for 8 months I had and gained weight.Now in diet,a strict diet I can say...I am going to get married in Auguest this year.We are not planning for babies for 5 years,will it create any problem(I mean extending pregnancy to 5 years will affect my fertility?)...Please respond for this :drowning

7. Vasumathy

What is your age now? Age matters. Most docs will say, try sooner to the people who is with PCOS.
    Strict diet & good exercise regime will help the people with PCOS.

Advanced wishes to your marriage! :)

8. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Now my age is 23,the surgery happened when I was 21.5 years(22 in rounded).

Thanks a lot for your wishes!!!

Now I am so strict about my excercise and diet.No sweets from last 1.5 months.Weight came back to 65Kgs...Continuing the diet till 60Kg

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  9. Vasumathy

All the best Lakshmi. Hope you could be able to shed all those extra weight soon & look cute during your marriage!
    Have a great time!

10. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite