1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

PCOS- Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by smileypriya, Dec 23, 2009.

Do you even know you have PCO?

1. I know and I am on a treatment plan.

50 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. I don't know if I do, but I am on METFORMIN/ Glyciphage medication.

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. I don't know but I do have symptoms. I may need to check with my gynaec.

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. I don't know

6 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hi Vasumathy,

Thanks a lot for the reply.... I have always been overweight and yeah am trying to loose weight at the moment... I really don't know if we are ready for a child presently and hence we have been taking precautions....Lets hope and pray that I will be able to conceive once we are ready...
    About the PMS, can you please help me out.. as I am having terrible pain in my head (especially on the left side) and very uneasy and irritable... I am not able to do any work at all and this is causing even more confusions!
    Any ideas, suggestions will be very helpful to cope with the PMS as its is very disturbing and annoying... I have been in the anticipation that I will get my periods for over a week now!
    Any suggestions please....

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I don't have PMS or pain associted with periods till date. Touch wood. So no clues from my side. Check out another thread on support group for PMS. Other ILs will surely help you out on this.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/gynaecology/82903-pms-supportive-group.html

Hope GOD bless you with healthy baby soon once you decide to have baby. Before that please concentrate in weight reduction. Weight reduction is more important for those who have pcos. I was over weight by 6+ Kgs while marriage & reduced it slowly & periods became normal with the weight reduction. Hope you will be able to achieve it.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  3. vaidegi_k

vaidegi_k New IL'ite

PCOS Problem

Hi all,

I am having pcos and hypothyroid problem i taking metformin 500mg for past two month and ethrxoyin for thyroid .Now i saw the test of thyroid it became normal but i am still continue the tab of thyroid. i am overweight due to these problem when i got married my weight is 52 kg but now 85kg for 162 cm height. pls suggest me ,how to reduce the weight and for the baby ............

4. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hey Vasumathy,

God Bless you... Lets hope i find some solution for the PMS cause I have been going crazy... I was overweight earlier and weighed 85 kgs for a very long time.. after marriage i put on a whole lot of weight more and now I classify under the obese category.. i weigh a 100 kgs!! :drowningLets just hope that I am able to loose weight...

Thanks a lot for the prayers.. i reeeeeaaaalllllyyy need them...will keep in touch with you.... how is it going for you now with the conceiving part? what does the doctor tell you about this issue? Also where are you from? cause I was wondering if u know any good gynac in Chennai?

5. ras09

ras09 New IL'ite

Re: PCOS Problem

Hi Vaidegi,
    I have exactly the same problem like you..
    I m taking the same medicine like you that is Eltroxin 50 mg for thyroid
    and metformin 500mg twice a day for PCOS.
    My height is 168cm and my weight is 81kg.
    i am 24 years old and married. Right now, i dnt have plans to conceive so i am not doing much about it.
    But let me tell you... one very renounced doctor in city told me that do exercise for one hour daily. you will get normal without medicine.
    I used to get my periods after 2 months and like that.
    To my surprise, when i started doing exercise regularly in gym. i lost 2 and a half kg in one month and i got my periods on 24th day( it was not proper flow but spotting).
    i was very happy.
    i have become little lazy these days and i m nt working out in gym. I have maintained healthy meals although and do some suryanamaskar in morning.
    i m going to start gym again from this monday..
    Start doing exercise and maintain a healthy diet. you will notice the difference. for more info you can visit forum soulcysters which is dedicated for PCOS only...
    All the best

6. Vasumathy

Please do hard work to reduce your weight. Reducing weight will do wonders to you. Before you decide to plan for a baby, please prepare your body for the little one. Do regular exercise. Even simple walking will do good. Come down to ideal weight range. Check out the weight loss support group in this forum. You will surely get good motivation if you are lack in it.

Check this forum, you will find many ladies who travel in the TTC journey! You will know my stories too!
    Fertility & Trying to Conceive - IndusLadies

All the best to your weight reduction.

7. Vasumathy

Hi Vaidegi,
    Yes Regular exercises & proper diet will do wonders to PCOS people.
    Eat more veggies, fruits & greens. Reduce the intake of carbohydrate based foods.

Check the below sub forum to see people who are trying to conceive. You will find other ladies who are with PCOS too!
    Fertility & Trying to Conceive - IndusLadies

8. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hey Vasumathy,

Yup.. am working on the weight loss now... fingers crossed I should be able to lose and come down to the ideal weight.. the weight gain and the irregular periods is driving me crazy!!:crazy

please do pray that I am able to lose weight... will also go through the forum.. motivation and dedication is the things I lack the most... Thanks a lot for all the help :)

9. Vasumathy

All the best to your weight reduction. Hope soon you loose those extra mass...
    Check out the below link too. You may find it useful.
    Keep Fit & Maintain Shape - IndusLadies

My prayers & wishes to succeed in weight reduction.

10. vaidegi_k

vaidegi_k New IL'ite

Hi vasumathy and rag09

thanks you much for your suggestion!!!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010