Pcos-high testosterone - trying to get pregnant - visited Akash fertility clinic

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by kpsid, Jan 22, 2012.

1. kpsid

kpsid New IL'ite

Hi all, I am 25 yrs old and trying to get preg. Since 1 yr. I have been suffering from pcos for the last 6 yrs. All the blood work show normal levels except testosterone level which is more than normal. Have visited Akash fertility centre and yet to start my medication. Anyone earlier with pcos - and high testosterone . Pl suggest some home remedies to reduce it and also suggest about Akash centre- dr. Jeyarani. Hope to preg. Soon

2. sweetnilla

sweetnilla Senior IL'ite

Hi-about PCOS. Very important to have a basic eval for both partners before labeling you infertile. Having said that if you are overweight weight loss should be attempted before initiating ovulation induction. Numerous studies showing reduced testosterone levels with weight loss. If you are not overweight then there is a variety of meds for ovulation induction. The best home remedy is weight loss. If I find out anything else I will let you know. No idea about akash centre as I live in Michigan. But please read up about PCOS so that you can ask questions about the treatment. Good luck

3. kpsid

kpsid New IL'ite

Thanks sweetnilla ... I am not over weight nor insulin resistant ... And my periods have been irregular ever since I remember ... But my mom had pcos and got pregnant normally... So may be I got it from her... My inlaws are expecting me to have child and I really don no wat to do ..

4. sweetnilla

sweetnilla Senior IL'ite

Hi kpsid,

Good. Only 50% of PCOS women are obese. Don't stress about in-laws even though I believe that god made in-laws just to punish us. There are a lot of options available for ovulation induction: all the options I know about are medications. I do not know of home remedies(a whole bunch comes up if you google it). I deal more with Diabetes and PCOS and not with the infertility part. Still once you talk to your doctor and find out what your treatment options are then I can see if i can tell you more info about the options. I know it is stressful with your in-laws breathing down your neck. But I definitely do not see any reason to be worried about. I think you have a WHO class 2 menstural irregularity typical for pcos which is very treatable. Think positive and read about pcos and ask questions about the treatment. Find a PCOS forum and post there too. everything will work out
    :thumbsup

5. kpsid

kpsid New IL'ite

Thanks a lot... I got my 2nd day period blood work and found to have very high LH harmone level... The doc suggested for 2 month conception pill to reduce the LH level ... I am planning to take Ayurveda in the mean while

6. kadalpura

kadalpura Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Please stick on to one type of medicine. mixing multiple medicines will only increase your tension, as you will start expecting results to show up quickly. I had pcos before marriage. I was overweight and have thyroid problem, so started with reducing my weight and had my thyroid problem under control. I got married and delivered my baby girl within 10 months of married life lol. so don't worry! God will help you. you metioned you have irregular periods? did you have your thyroid checked?

7. venokarthi

venokarthi Senior IL'ite

check ur PM and reply me

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  8. kpsid

kpsid New IL'ite

PM means???

9. kpsid

kpsid New IL'ite

thank U, yeah i checked thyroid and it is normal ,, i seem to have high LH ( luteinising Harmone) and high testosterone with PCOD. the doc wanted me to be on birth control pills for 2 months to reduce LH and then wants to start the medication for ovulation etc. So i thought i ll go for ayurveda this two months hoping the lH harmone ll reduce...

10. venokarthi

venokarthi Senior IL'ite