PCOS - Boils filled with pus and blood in inner thigh area

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by indianlady17, Jan 10, 2013.

1. indianlady17

indianlady17 Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am 31 yrs old, TTC for the past 4 yrs and struggling with PCOS and hypo thyroid.
    Lately I have been getting boils (filled with pus and blood) in my inner thigh area right around 2 - 3 days before my periods.
    and recently have been facing it every month.
    The boil breaks out and pus and blood drains and right away I start my periods and then the boil heals automatically.
    Next month the exact same spot, the same boil starts the same problem.
    It caused a dent like thing in my inner thigh where the boil occurs.

My LMP was 4 Jan 2013. I had a boil on 1 st jan and it drained automatically.
    I started with 100 mg clomid on day 4.
    Yesterday I suddenly felt a little itchy in that boil area and scratched it.
    Now I see that the area is completely swollen. finding it very difficult to walk and sit at work. Took painkiller.
    I really feel embarased to go to doctor.

Has anyone ever faced this issue? I read that women with PCOS face this problem due to hormonal imbalance.

I hope this doesnt cause any issue with me taking clomid.

Is there any home remedy.

Please help me.

2. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

I just googled "boils with pus and blood"and found many forum discussions on it, briefly what I understand is it is some bacterium and needs to be treated with antiboitics or steroids.

Go to doctor and get it cured before they become bigger and painful.

SK.

3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

well boils in inner thigh area could be due to many reasons...

I hav faced it myslef and i know its very irritating..i couldnt sleep well and had to do meet atleast 4 drs to suggest the treatment

Initially i avoided meeting any Dr..but had to go when it worsened..3 of the 4 Drs examined me, finally the 4th one (junior most of the lot) allayed my fears and suggested some very mild cream

there are some home remedies discussed here, for me dettol helped a lot..

you can also try dusting the area with Candid powder at night

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/nature-cure/201489-remedy-non-heat-boils-private.html

in my case Dr mentioned, I have got boils due to reduced immunity due to my medicines/ steriods during/ after my IVF

in your case, most probably Drs will suggest an antibiotic course

4. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

Hi Indianlady ,

Even I'm diagnosed with PCOS and 2 months ago i got this kind of a boil ...I never thought its happening because of PCOS :(

I'm not taking clomid... so its not happening because of the tablets .

even i was not feeling like to go to a doctor even though i'd unbearable pain .
    I just mixed haldi with water with a little bath soap ( my maid told me this remedy and worked out for me) and applied it (applied it on a cotton and tied it on the affected area) . boil broke after sometime and all the puss went out . and the pain also had gone. i didnt get any boil after that(dnt know the reason though)