Pcos And Trying To Conceive

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Anjanasarun1990, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Anjanasarun1990

Anjanasarun1990 New IL'ite

Dear all,

Iam taking treatment for pcos since 5 months and I had an ovarian drill on June .After that I got my period on 24th August my doctor started FSH shot from 2 nd day of my period till 6 th September. On 7th September I got hcg shot to trigger ovulation but it was not ruptured and she gave me another hcg shot on 10 th and scheduled scanning on 16 th September.
    In my scanning on 10 th September I have 2 dominated follicles right 23.36mm left 20.69mm.My doubt is whether there is a chance to rupture both the dominated folicules ....And what will happen if 2 of then rupture.And also in my husband semen analysis same was not liquefying after 1hr whether this will be a serious issue for conceiving..

Does anyone have the same issue .plz share u r opinion and experience.

2. Jeevasaro

Jeevasaro Silver IL'ite

Hi anjana ...

Welcome to IL.
    If two eggs rupture and fertilized means u will get twins... I guess that is not big problem depends upon uterus doc will suggest to have one or two... Don't worry about that too much it doesn't mean all the egg can fertilize.. About the sperm liquefying i don't know much about that but heard that its a issue for conceiving check with ur gyno..Everything has a solution so don't stress, eat healthy and stay positive .. :)
    Lots of baby dust to u :)

Anjanasarun1990 likes this.
  3. Anjanasarun1990

Anjanasarun1990 New IL'ite

Thank u so much for u r reply ..

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What was the hcg dose given in both times?
    With the hcg shot all mature follicles tend to release. Only the healthy and good quality follicle will fertilize. If both follicles are of good condition and if soerm meets both, there are chances for twin pregnancy. Its better to think about those after missing period.
    With one time semen analysis its hard to come to a conclusion. Its better to do another sa and then deal with the liqufication issue. Its better to include healthy food style in your dh menu so that sperm health will get improved.
    Baby dust to you.

Jeevasaro likes this.