Pawprints in My Heart

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Sriniketan, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Dear Srini,

Archana has touched my heart with her tribute to Cocoa. Pets and children gel well. Their love is unconditional.

May Archana blossom into a good writer and singer!

Regards

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Dear Archana - your writing left pawprints in my heart. I am dog owner too and and I can understand how you feel. You wrote from your heart and I am in tears reading it. When you write that song for Cocoa, I am sure this entire IL group will want to hear it. I know that nothing can ever replace your dear Cocoa -but you are dealing with his loss by writing about it. Everyone has to take their time and space to heal - and you are doing just that. When and if you get another pet, Cocoa will always be there in spirit in your house.

3. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Hi, Archana

Your story is very touching. You have narrated beautifully and it has taken me straight into your house and backyard. Your love for the dog is great. Keep writing and wish you all the best.

Regards,

TDU

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, Shanthi, Tulasi, Sunkan, Vandhana, Mals, Vysan sir,Vidya, Krish, Nivedi, Shobana and TDU Sir.
    I will definitely convey your concerns and wishes to her after she is from school and you can see her reaction later in her responses to you all!

sriniketan

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Archana,
    That was a beautifully written narration of the loss of your loving Cocoa. I can understand your pain very well from the way your words have found expression. I remember how my younger son had yearned to have a pet dog at home and we living in a flat, did not want to have one more new member in the small space available. Finally, his Atthai, who lived nearby and had been used to pet dogs took my son along and got a cocker spaniel.She kept it in her home and my son used to visit her everyday to play with the dog which was named Mickey. Alas, Mickey too died at a young age (3 years) because of Cancer. I can never forget that day when Mickey passed away! My son was full of tears for days together and we didn't know how to console him. So, when I read your write-up all the old memories came back to me and made my heart heavy.
    My philosophy in life is that there is good in everything. It gives me a more positive outlook on the world. However, I couldn’t understand what “good” there was in Cocoa developing pancreatic cancer in the first place. I loved him, and he knew that. That’s enough for me. I have promised that I will write a song dedicated to him. I sense that one day it will be the song that initiates my career as a singer. If one leaves prints in the sand, they will be devoured by the earth. However, Cocoa-Puff carved his paw prints into my heart, and they will stay there in his memory.I loved those words of yours. The last few lines show how much you must have loved your dog. Sure, Cocoa is lucky to have found such a lovely mistress!

6. Sriniketan

Thanks Malathi, it is true that among my children she is the one who can handle Cocoa well other than my husband. Cocoa used to run away during his early days and she will go and get him irrespective of the weather, whether it is cold or windy or rainy.
    Moreover this was our first pet too!

Archana read your response and she felt sorry for Mickey and your family, especially for your son!
    She was overwhelmed at your concerns and wishes for which she is always thankful!

sriniketan

7. Sriniketan

Shanthi,
    Thanks for you feedback.
    She is very happy for the responses she got for the article in which she has poured out her feelings!
    It is not me who edited for the grammatical mistake. it is she who made it because according to her there should be no mistake in her writing, maybe this is due to the fact that she was an editor in her school newspaper during her middle schooling!

sriniketan

8. Sriniketan

Tulasi,
    Thanks for your encouraging words.
    She was very happy to receive your wishes for which she will work!

sriniketan

9. Sriniketan

She is now 'charged' Sunkan and hope she writes more!
    Thanks for your encouragement for which she is always thankful!

sriniketan

10. Sriniketan

Vandhana,
    She will go through at all of your responses as this is the weekend.
    Sure it encourage her!
    Her response to all these 'responses' will be coming shortly!

sriniketan