1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pattu mami meets michelle !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chokkanayaki, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Chokkanayaki

Chokkanayaki Silver IL'ite

The first couple were in India last year and as I followed them on Television,I put down my thoughts in MS Word...So here it is ......Computer Typing

PATTU MAMI had a special appointment with the first couple.....
    KITTU MAMA was not amused, I hope you can hear him grumble !!!!!:rant

:party
    Its party time at the Rashtrapati Bhavan and Nayaki is Obamanised.Admired for his eloquent speeches ,the US President has made it into the hearts of many an Indian.Having acknowledged his meteoric rise and the post of the President of the USA to the values imparted by the teachings of the Mahatma,Barrack had appealed to all and Indians in particular.A fine diplomat...his speeches could have been scripted but cleverly held the essence of recognising our country as a power that had already emerged.

The three Krishnamurthy siblings were keen observers and had a wide range of interests from politics to current affairs.Nayaki was also a chip of the old block and enjoyed watching NDTV 24X7.The special two days had her glued to the Idiot box.As the First Couple emerged out of the AirForce One Boeing 747 ,45 year old Nayaki was elated and yes...she was to meet her schoolmate after nearly 3 decades...a schoolmate reunited in the virtual world and here she was all set to meet her bosom mate in the real world as well.

The world wide web had brought childhood pals together.Social networking meant interaction with the real friends....friends with whom she had spent some of the most precious moments of her life.They chatted and laughed their worries away.The status messages were crazy but therapeutic enough to bring a smile on the reader's lips.

It was in 2010 that Nayaki was reconnected with all her long lost friends and the journey to meet each one of them had just begun.Mutual efforts were working out and things were falling in place.Just back from Bangalore and Mumbai after meeting two friends Nayaki was in the capital city to meet another one....a friend with whom she had shared space in the classroom,in the buses and in the trams of Calcutta...a friend who giggled with her and helped her with the notes...a friend who cared for her and was there to lift up her spirits.The journey right from kindergarten to Middle school and then upto High school was fulfilling and satisfying for the two girls.

As all good things have to come to an end so did this one. The friends seperated and were set to pursue their goals in life.Nayaki went on to graduate from the St Xaviers College Calcutta and her distinguished friend was a Harvard Law School Laureate.

A well settled Nayaki was amongst the 173 high profile distinguished guests invited for the ceremonial dinner hosted in honour of the first couple.A radiant Nayaki was dressed to befit the glittering banquet.at the expansive Mughal gardens.....in a cream coloured Kanjivaram saree with Belgium Diamonds to complement.

The guests had arrived and the President of India presented a picture of a perfect host.She warmly welcomed the first couple.The glamorous first lady of the US was graceful with pleasing manners and interacted at ease with the other guests.She had yet again stolen the spotlight from her husband.

Nayaki watched her admiringly from a distance....her heart pounding and her pulse racing. As Michelle was approaching her with a warm smile.......a bell rang."Must be a ceremonial ring before the dinner" mused Nayaki.She had never been to a state hosted banquet before and was absolutely clueless.

Dismissing it off lightly, she waited with bated breath...for a reunite with a childhood chum.........and "hey there goes the bell again" she quipped to a stranger beside her..."was he the the SBI chairman O. P. Bhatt "she wondered!."Sonia Gandhi,Rahul Gandhi,Ratan Tata,Mukesh Ambani,Chanda Kocchar,Kumaramangalam Birla...they are my friends and most of the other Indian guests are familiar too"she whispered to herself.

She was a little puzzled"Why don't I remember this familiar face?"she blurted out unconsciously.......to which a friendly face replied ...Yes, you do ,my dear! he is our faithful milkman and it is 5 AM now.....& remember you have an appointment with KITTU Mama throughout the day.:drowning

The Iyer family was getting up from bed.KITTU MAMA was not amused and PATTU MAMI was DREAMFA
    CED.

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:) :) A dream.... but what a lovely dream!! very cute :)

Akila

3. Chokkanayaki

Chokkanayaki Silver IL'ite

Oh!Yes !and sleep or otherwise,I am a dreamy Piscean :)

Chokkanayaki