Passion for teaching is a missing link amongst students your comments pls

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Saisakthi, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sisters,

Thanks for your views.

2. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Hi Sakthi,
    I am taking a flash back now:)
    I always wanted to become a teacher..I opted Bsc to do further B.Ed to go for teaching field...but I did not get B.Ed seat on merit :( So missed the chance of B.Ed and further becoming a teacher.

Our teachers too never encouraged us to become teachers..till date i am not able to understand this..they always used to tell us to study hard to get admission in reputed colleges to become engineer or doctor..why?

When i do take part actively/volunterely in my children's school.. people ask me whether i am in a teaching profession?it really hurts me.

Truely this is need of the hour to create more career options for our future generation by bringing more changes in education system and making them aware of teaching profession too.

Teaching is one noble profession that mould children in to responsible future citizens of tomarrow and we all should duly respect and appreciate this profession.
    RGDS

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Brahan,

It feels bad to see that the schools which charge us such high fees scrimp when it comes to paying reasonably good salary to teachers. They are okay to spend money on things to show-off stuff.

Best wishes for your plans and hope by the time you opt for the career change, positive changes happen.